Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

In this week's Gravesend Reporter

If god had meant for Gillingham to play in Gravesend, he wouldn't have made the River Medway !! ( have I said that before ??)

...also, I have a feeling that there are Council elections coming up soon ?.....could be interesting ??!!

Cheers,

boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif

Quote:
Hirsty said:
there are Council elections coming up soon ?.....could be interesting ??!!

Mmmm. Never had a mind to vote for people who just put the council tax up every year, but a 'Gravesend for GNFC' campaign might get me out of bed.

How about Squawk doing it? I know he was disappointed to miss out on standing in for Hooky.

Well if brian does indeed read this board he may start to realise that the majority of his teams fans are against this idea. Sod of Scally and dont ruin an up and coming team to be of benefit of your own down and outs!

I for one will not be watching gillingham when the fleet have to fold in a few years time.

As someone alluded above, this is OUR time and OUR opportunity. There will never be a better time to combine an upwardly mobile football team (thanks to the fantastic efforts of the players, management and directors) and the good fortune of Ebbsfleet generating economic growth in the Gravesham area.

We should not risk sharing the opportunity because of the major risks ie 1. we will be construed as the minor partners and will lose support and 2. the motives of various people to exploit situations for their own ends. The lure of the fast mega buck can twist anyone's mind to convince themselves they are acting with good intentions and not in self interest.

All this is very interesting as i said on a earlier thread, i'm a Fleet supporter living in Cliffe Woods, i believe we should look at Stonebridge Rd and if Gravesham Council has and wants to spend money then put it towards supporting it's own town club, Gills struggle to fill Priestfield agreed they cannot do anything else there to improve it but they will not fill a 20000-25000 stadium, so many people in Medway and Gravesham go to watch London clubs always have done always will, as Fleet improve will we ever get more than 5000-6000, if Gills go down (hopefully they won't) they will be back to 5000-7000 crowds. The site at Temple Marsh is a good site and where most people in Medway would not object to a Football Club, i know several Gills fans and believe me they are totally against the idea, i also know some who are against the idea of moving out of Gillingham, Paul Scally has said earlier that lots of Gills fans travel from the Gravesham and Swale area to support Gills well perhaps they do, but the majority are Medway based and that is where they should stay, is there perhaps a hidden agenda somewhere to join up Medway and Gravesham boroughs and combine the teams, i expect this is as someone said a kick up the backside to Medway Council, they are not going to let Gills leave the area.

So they are looking at a FIFA standard stadium, what's that, about 30-35,000 all seater! Now GNFC average gate is about, what, 1500-2000. I don't think so!!! frown.gif It will kill GNFC if this goes ahead. Gillingham FC should stay in Gillingham.

I can understand the council wanting the Gillingham project rather than the "GNFC small stadium" as the Gillingham one will generate more money for them!

Not being a local any more I'm not up to date with the Gillingham fiasco . However ,I remember that if ever our lease was not renewed by our landlords then they have to relocate us . The favoured site is behind Northfleet Industrial Estate , at about 10 o'clock from The Halfway Line and about 1/2 a mile away .

But when have Landlords words meant anything when the mighty Pound is waved in front of their faces? Having been to court when my sons Landlords put him out in the street.....with a young family........The courts aren't interested,go to your local Council you're told....they will house you!....With Gillingham i suppose!

Stonebridge Road has always been a prime development site...and Football will be the least of their interests if enough money is offered!

Some people want to live in the REAL world!

I'm not sure what real world is over the big pond , but I think you'll find Stonebridge Road is not prime development land as the site is over the Ebbsfleet river at a shallow depth beneath .

Hence all the drainage problems over the years , particularly over winters when the Thames backs up the Ebbsfleet .

I can distinctly remember the Ebbsfleet stream that used to run under the road opposite the Plough, spent many happy hours playing on the waste ground surrounding the area.

As soon as they encased the stream to allow them to build the eyesore industrial park or whatever they want to call it,the problems started.