Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

From the Hereford forum..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
42 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
"For anyone"!!
So you are not going to lose another game then?
Well this turns the whole "arrogant Hereford "thread on its head doesnt it?
Now we really are the underdogs.There is no more dangerous underdog in football than Hereford United my friend!

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Anonymous said:
There is no more dangerous underdog in football than Hereford United my friend!

Did Dagenham upset you last season, then, shortly before they lost 9-0...?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Absolutely-Have you tried driving from the west of England to Londons east end for an evening kick off!
I suspect we are not as good this season but we are still capable of some outstanding football.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
no disrespect but we shouldnt be playing u in the first place we were the best side in the conf last season only we were cheated out of the league by a ref not fit for sunday league football at the expense of two sides 17+ points behind us

still i wont bore u anymore like i have the sloppies they already know they were very lucky to go up, anyway may the best team win this w/e

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
"We were the best side in the league" -unfortunately,the league table doesnt lie,and over 42 games,you came second, which only qualified you for the playoffs.

And - whether it was dodgy refereeing or not - you failed to beat Aldershot in, not just 1 game, but 2 games.

You,therefore,stayed in this league - get used to that fact - you could be here for more than this season.

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
Anonymous said:
no disrespect but we shouldnt be playing u in the first place we were the best side in the conf last season only we were cheated out of the league by a ref not fit for sunday league football at the expense of two sides 17+ points behind us

still i wont bore u anymore like i have the sloppies they already know they were very lucky to go up, anyway may the best team win this w/e

your not mr king in disguise are you ?

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Puzzles me how Shrewsbury were 'lucky' to go up.

At the start of the season, EVERY club knows the rules:

Champions get promoted, next 4 make the play-offs, meaning regardless of points earnt, any one of those four could end up promoted. Did Shrewsbury do something outside of those rules?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
shrewsbury were lucky 2 go up coz chester finished top and aldershot beat us on penalties so shrewsbury were able to play the 5th place team in the final instead of one of the top 2

either us or chester would have been tougher opponents at stoke than aldershot, who the slop could only scrape past on penalties

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
But at the end of the day you didnt win when it counted, get over it, and look towards the end of this season and hope history doesnt repeat it self.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
So Shrewsbury "could only scrape past Aldershot on penalties" whilst you were beaten by Aldershot on penalties....

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
"Puzzles me how Shrewsbury were 'lucky' to go up.

At the start of the season, EVERY club knows the rules:"

And we too were aware there was a chance a side could go up through the playoffs injustly, that does not mean surely that we are not allowed to complain when it happens?

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
Where is the injustice?

If Hereford finish 3rd, 4th or 5th this season presumably you won't take part in the playoffs as it would be unfair if the team in 2nd place don't go up.

offline meldrew

meldrew
  • Reserves
Shrewsbury and Chester are struggling a bit at the moment,perhaps we`ll see them again next year in the Conference!

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Quote:
Anonymous said:
And we too were aware there was a chance a side could go up through the playoffs injustly, that does not mean surely that we are not allowed to complain when it happens?

No injustice - they got promoted as per the rules of the playoffs!

offline Stu M

Stu M
I felt for the Hereford fans a bit to be honest. You can bang on about the 'knowing the rules' till you're blue in the face, but try telling me that if we'd led the Conference/been hot on the heels of the leaders all season, then had two off days when it mattered, that we wouldn't feel hard done by...

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Well said, Stu. Hereford were a superb team last season and, rules, play-offs or otherwise, DID deserve to go up but unfortunately for them didn't. If their supporters weren't upset then they wouldn't be true supporters, would they?

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
thats very true on performances based on a whole season, Hereford should have gone up, but the rules are rules and you have to win games in order to get the reward, they didnt win when it realy counted. The team that does go up must surely have the right to take part in the play off because they have been on the tails of the front teams all season, ok they may be several points behind but they are there within the rules, and the chance they are given they took with both hands and won.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Cheers Stu.
I know that the play offs are exciting and who knows may work in our favour this time!
The squad has now split up but the best example i can give you of how good we were is this.
Two weeks before we played Daggers away,Shrewsbury went to Victoria Road and lost 5-0.Fact is that Dagenham were not a bad side last season and finished mid table.As everyone now knows we utterly destroyed them 9-0 with one of the finest performances I have ever seen.
It is hard to take,especially as Shrewsbury are local rivals of ours,but we are trying to move on-honestly!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I think that the problem Hereford has faced has been inconsistency. The team either is on fire - scoring 3+ goals and destroying teams...or nervous and losing by one goal often from a defensive mistake.

If Hereford are to go up then they will need to get a more even level to their performances. Luckily last week in the second half against Halifax that seemed to be achieved - and the aim won't be to score 9 goals on Saturday but to play well and get a result. Hopefully a win.

Hereford will respect Gravesend because no team goes unbeaten in the Conference unless they have some quality about them. It will be tough - but this is the sort of "underdog" challenge that Hereford like :-) and that is why so many Bulls fans are looking forward to coming along on Saturday - probably between 400 - 700 of us ! Hopefully near the second figure so the crowd is above 2,000 for what could be one of the best games of the season.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Quote:
Stu M said:
I felt for the Hereford fans a bit to be honest. You can bang on about the 'knowing the rules' till you're blue in the face, but try telling me that if we'd led the Conference/been hot on the heels of the leaders all season, then had two off days when it mattered, that we wouldn't feel hard done by...

Losing 1-0 at home to Leigh RMI was another 'off day'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus