Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-October 17 )

• Photo
    Simon BTFC

• Photo
    Dave Fatboy

• Photo
    harkwar

• Photo
    LMB

Photo

Northwich game can't go ahead on Saturday 1st

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
26 replies to this topic

offline Hendonboy

Hendonboy
  • Reserves
Quote:
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Northwich/Witton groundshare agreement, I believe this is a disgusting way for the Ryman League to treat the club that has done more than most to raise the profile of this league over the past couple of seasons.

Not that I'm suggesting that the league haven't done anything wrong (neither am I going to say that they have. I don't know the details), but are you suggesting that you deserve better treatment from the league than - say - Chalfont St. Peter, who haven't have the cup success you have?

Quote:
Where was the help we wanted from Ryman when we had that ridiculous fixture pile-up two years ago? Where was the support from Ryman when Yeovil gave us the run-around last year?

You can't claim you were treated any better or worse than any other club that season. Yes, you had more at stake, yes, you were extremely unlucky with postponments away from home, and yes you had more to play for, but had the league done anything that they didn't do to help any club, especially yourselves given what was at stake, they'd have been on very shakey legal ground over changing their own rules.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
RPL Fri 13th H Billericay Town 2 - 1 W 1190 Report
RPL Mon 16th A Gravesend & Northfleet 2 - 1 W 662 Report
RPL Wed 18th H Maidenhead United 1 - 0 W - Report
RPL Thur 19th A Slough Town 1 - 0 W 333 Report
RPL Sat 21st H Aldershot Town 1 - 1 D 861 Report
ESC -F Mon 23rd N Dagenham & Redbridge To be played pre-season
RPL Tue 24th
A Hitchin Town 4 - 1 L 301 Report
RPL Wed 25th A Hampton & Richmond 1 a 0 abandoned Details
RPL Thur 26th A Enfield OFF - waterlogged pitch
RPL Fri 27th A Enfield 0 - 3 L 119 Report
RPL Sat 28th A Croydon 2 - 1 L 118 Report
RPL Sun 29th A Basingstoke Town 0 - 0 D 501 Report

May

RPL Tue 1st A Farnborough Town 2 - 1 W 1124 Report
RPL Wed 2nd A Hampton & Richmond 2 - 2 D 166 Report
RPL Thur 3rd H Carshalton Athletic 3 - 2 W 282 Report
RPL Fri 4th H Croydon 5 - 0 W 340 Report
RPL Sat 5th H Hitchin Town 2 - 2 D 491

here is our fixture list for that season.. ok its not too clear but the main part is the dates...! i think you can see why the club asked for a bit of help.. sure you cant help the weather.. all the games postponed just before this period were away games, ok rules are rules but there is such a thing as exceptional circumstances..

[This graphic might help - Frenchy]

concerning the trophy game why cant we play it the following saturday.. we had to play on a tuesday at yeovil last season mainly because of pitch problems i believe.. dosent not haveing a pitch constitute a pitch problem? couldnt the ryman help the club in persuading the F.A. to move it back a week?

a lot of people have mentioned sunday as a viable alternative but in this weather the pitch could be in a sorry state after a game on it on the saturday, i feel sorry for the teams playing on it after northwhich and ourselves have chopped it up

offline Hendonboy

Hendonboy
  • Reserves
Quote:
here is our fixture list for that season.. ok its not too clear but the main part is the dates...! i think you can see why the club asked for a bit of help.. sure you cant help the weather.. all the games postponed just before this period were away games, ok rules are rules but there is such a thing as exceptional circumstances.

I'm not arguing woth the fact that you had a serious pile up. You certainly did, as did we - www.hendonfc.net/fixres/20002001.shtml we were officially expected to play three games on Saturday 5th May, and I did note that all your postponments were away ones (whether I mentioned it or not I dunno). Nor am I suprised the club asked for help. The point I was trying to make, was quite why should Canvey should be a special case over both that and this as Merv seemes to appear to believe. Yes, I know you were heavily involved with the cups, but as I said before, had the league done anything about it, the lawyers could potentially have ended up flying around. Surely you couldn't expect the league to do anything after the EGM where something like 90% (not sure of the figure) of clubs voted against a season extention.

The only other thing I'd like to ask is whether quite such a fuss would have been made if you'd drawn Wealdstone in the Trophy and Edgware as landlords took the Saturday 3.00 kick off, or maybe Chelmsford/Billericay? And that's a genuine question, not me trying to stir.

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Both yourself and Canv could slug it out with facts and figures all day but that does ignore the issue of supporters
Both players and club have been dealt major problems by blazers and that will continue when the blazers are so obviously a self serving group of not so skilled people
But for supporters to be asked to travel 200 plus miles each way on a Friday evening is a gross insult, a major outlay and locates them long down the list of priorities that determines the final decision

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I think the point CANV is making,using our club as an example, is that the ryman should offer support to ALL ryman teams when difficulties such as those mentioned arise.I think our two recent probs were used to highlight this as those are the ones we know most about.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
bang on TACKLE1K.. now has any one got some more numbers i can throw around ;-)

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Maurice Gibb's got a few numbers he won't be singing any more if you want them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus