Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      19 Jun
    codpiece

RT @Coral: England's goals came from two corners with Harry Kane scoring in the box. When you remember you had Harry Kane taking the corne…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-June 18 )

• Photo
    onebreast

• Photo
    Longshanks

• Photo
    Krooner

• Photo
    wxmfc2000

• Photo
    sidney

• Photo
    brookboy

• Photo
    Barrymono

• Photo
    Crusher

• Photo
    2ndYellow

Photo

The greatest rock band ever - an alternative poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
Radiohead's style is like Marmite, you'll either love it or hate it. I choose to love it, Q chose Radiohead as the best British Band of the last 15 years and OK Computer as the best album of all time, but I don't like Q very much. Funny old life.<p>There are some great bands not mentioned yet:<p>Pink Floyd
The Beatles (maybe more pop than rock)
The Smiths
The Jam
The Clash
The Rolling Stones
Stone Roses
REM
The Doors<p>Just thought some of these lads might deserve a mention too images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline R Zimmerman

R Zimmerman
  • Spectator
Yes I own OK computer and it is a very good album, but there is no way that it is the best album of all time.
I feel another poll coming on.

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Yes, on reflection I should have put Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones in place of Black Sabbath. Still think Dire Straits are worthy of a place and the Beatles are more pop than rock (as Steve P says). Can't say I ever rated Springsteen apart from one or two tracks but each to their own, eh?

offline Colin Zeal EFM

Colin Zeal EFM
  • Youth Team Coach
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rob the Saint:
<strong> and the Beatles are more pop than rock </strong><hr></blockquote><p>[****!!****]. "Helter Skelter" was heavier than ANYTHING The Who ever recorded.

offline GHA EFM

GHA EFM
Rob. Re: The Boss (Springsteen)<p>The River
Wreck on the Highway
Born To Run
Born in the USA
My Hometown
Jersey Girl
Glory Days
Hungry Heart
No retreat, no surrender<p>
Off the top of my head. Cue HBEE and AFF

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
Nope. Not impressed. How about The Kinks? Status Quo? Fleetwood Mac?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
the best rock band ever is U2. without a doubt there are the best ever and bands like the ploice could'nt tie bono's shoes lices.

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
I like U2, but they really aren't of the same status of Led Zep, The Who or Oasis, what they are is consistently very good and probably one of the best live acts in the world today. I also didn't think much of their last effort.<p>Status Quo, is a no, we all know gonna get with them. The Kinks were very good, but probably didn't produce as much quality music as some of these artists. Fleetwood Mac were ok, shouldn't be in a rock poll, they started of as a blues outfit, a very good one but not a great rock band.<p>Is say vote Zep, which is what I said originally, though if Pink Floyd were up there too I would have to think about it.

offline Woody

Woody
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Its pretty clear you've never seen the Boss and the E Street Band live Rob or you would never be making statements like that. The guy is in a different league. Depeche Mode? Black Sabbath? Carter USM? The words Mickey Mouse come to mind.

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
y aint METALLICA ON THEIR? THEY ARE THE BEST TRUE ROCK BAND!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus