Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

matt jones leaves ricay...

Uncle Urchin

statement from matt

"It is with great regret and suprise that on Sunday morning the chairman telephoned me to relieve me of my duties as 1st team manager at Billericay Town FC. The news has come as a shock to me personally since taking over as manager 2 years ago we won won our first trophy for 16 years, developed and sold 2 players to football league clubs and missed out on promotion in the play-off final in a penalty shoot-out and had the clubs biggest game at New Lodge in the FA Cup in the clubs 127 year history.

At this point I would like to personally thank all the officials, management team and the the players for their tremendous effort in taking the club forward on and off the pitch. However I would like to give special thanks to the fans at Billericay Town who have given me personally massive support. They are indeed a special group of supporters.

I wish them and all at Billericay Town all the very best for the future.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
never saw that one coming and doubt that its anything to do with results....good FA Cup run and games in hand in the league......

It doesn't seem that MJ saw it coming either:-

Quote:
"It is with great regret and suprise that on Sunday morning the chairman telephoned me to relieve me of my duties as 1st team manager at Billericay Town FC. The news has come as a shock to me personally since taking over as manager 2 years ago we won won our first trophy for 16 years, developed and sold 2 players to football league clubs and missed out on promotion in the play-off final in a penalty shoot-out and had the clubs biggest game at New Lodge in the FA Cup in the clubs 127 year history.

At this point I would like to personally thank all the officials, management team and the the players for their tremendous effort in taking the club forward on and off the pitch. However I would like to give special thanks to the fans at Billericay Town who have given me personally massive support. They are indeed a special group of supporters.

That's from our official site.

Whilst we have games in hand, we need to win them. So far this season we have only won 4 out of 13 and lost 6. I know that's not dissimilar to the Urchins but I think it is a significant backward step for us from last season.

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
never saw that one coming and doubt that its anything to do with results....good FA Cup run and games in hand in the league......

It doesn't seem that MJ saw it coming either:-

Quote:

That's from our official site.

Whilst we have games in hand, we need to win them. So far this season we have only won 4 out of 13 and lost 6. I know that's not dissimilar to the Urchins but I think it is a significant backward step for us from last season.

you do what you do rick...other than being surprised I have made no real comment worthy of note......players and managers come and go......the club remains everpresent...