Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion to the Spartan Premier

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Kentish Town for one, there are actually quite a few such as Haringey Borough and Royston Town obviously, Hoddesdon Town, Bedford, Cheshunt Reserves, Brache Sparta, Arlesey Athletic, Ampthill Town, Bedford Town Reserves and Harpenden Town, I'm not sure about the others.

Reserve sides are not allowed to be promoted to Step 5 so they can be counted out of the equation for promotion, regardless of whether or not their ground meets the criteria (which, inevitably, it will given that the first team is already playing higher up the pyramid).

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Kentish Town for one, there are actually quite a few such as Haringey Borough and Royston Town obviously, Hoddesdon Town, Bedford, Cheshunt Reserves, Brache Sparta, Arlesey Athletic, Ampthill Town, Bedford Town Reserves and Harpenden Town, I'm not sure about the others.

Reserve sides are not allowed to be promoted to Step 5 so they can be counted out of the equation for promotion, regardless of whether or not their ground meets the criteria (which, inevitably, it will given that the first team is already playing higher up the pyramid).

Yes I have read this too.

So what is the new criteria that will mean some of the existing premier sides may not meet the requirements?

Rhodes are you sure about Harpenden & Brache? Thought Brache were refused promotion a few seasons ago because of their facilities.

Off topic I know but was just looking at
http://www.ssmfl.org/top_scorers.htm

Stuart Reynolds has scored 15 goals for Ampthill in all competitions. Mitoo is correct.

They are both correct, in that Stuart has scored three more goals since the table you link to was compiled! It will be updated soon.

Originally Posted By: Horace
They are both correct, in that Stuart has scored three more goals since the table you link to was compiled! It will be updated soon.

Apologies - just I know that we have had trouble with our reported goalscorers. Seems to be a break down in communication somewhere. I suspect at our end!!!!!

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
Rhodes are you sure about Harpenden & Brache? Thought Brache were refused promotion a few seasons ago because of their facilities

Yes Harpenden were only in the Premier Division recently and Brache Sparta have sorted out their facilities which are now Premier compliant. As you say they were refused promotion at the end of the season before last which saved Haringey Borough's bacon as 'we' finished second from bottom (to Harpenden) otherwise 'we' would have been relegated although it only delayed the inevitable by a season.

Yes but Southmidsfan might not know the story, I'm only trying to be helpful. In theory had 'we' been relegated that season (2005/2006) 'we' could have been back in the Premier Division this season instead of Cockfosters if you see where I'm coming from.

SmithCharles42 - Can you quickly delete the thread immediately below that you just created before anyone else posts on it and use this identical one, thanks.

Don't you mean the other thread that was unnecessarily created by SmithCharles42, I'm beginning to get one of my gut feelings about him that he isn't entirely kosher and what has the England job got to do with the SSML

Fixtures for December and January could break a few teams season, teams at the top will be playing each other and a few of them will be dropping many points.

Stony looks very strong and Haringay is very earnest about going all the way. They are favorites for promotion.

Sorry guys, it seems that it maight be all over at the en of January.

Originally Posted By: Smithcharles42
My apologies Gents, please delete the previous as I can't do it.

Football Man - I rest my case.
NeutralFan/Wader - Do your worst, do you want to delete 'The England Job' thread too whilst you're at it as that has no relevance to us

Of course they do, he's the high profile son of an equally high profile Coach belonging to a SSML Club, how is that not relevant

OK, what'll I'll do is start deleting any posts I deem not relevent... are you sure you want this Clippy?