Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The England Job

And he (Caine) has managerial experience from Escape to Victory.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Lato - So you've seen that film then

of course..."Terry got a goal"

a classic movie and among others is features the great late Kazimierz Deyna RIP.

Yes that's right I forgot 'the great' Kazi Deyna was in the film and had also forgotten that he is sadly no longer with us, didn't he die in a car crash some years back. It's unusual for you to admit that you have seen a film, I'm sure you say you haven't just to be awkward half the time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes that's right I forgot 'the great' Kazi Deyna was in the film and had also forgotten that he is sadly no longer with us, didn't he die in a car crash some years back. It's unusual for you to admit that you have seen a film, I'm sure you say you haven't just to be awkward half the time.

he died in a car crash in the US in 1989.

No rhodes if I say I haven't seen a film its not me being awkward its me saying I haven't seen it.

I can honestly say Mourinho has no interest in the job. I have heard people saying that it is the best job in the world etc. In my opinion, it has to be one of the worst!

If England does not win something, the manager is doomed! The media will then name him after some type of vegetable and he will lose all credibility! Definitely not for Mourinho!

Poor McClaren, he tried his best but I believe he was never the right manager to pick. My England favourite is Harry Rednapp. There is someone wo has the respect of the players and be successful.

Mourinho will either go to Spain or Italy, guaranteed. The papers would love for him to take the England job because they loved him to bits. They're having a bad hangover! Now even when he's not here, they need to talk about him!

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
I can honestly say Mourinho has no interest in the job.
Mourinho will either go to Spain or Italy, guaranteed.

Yes but the England job is the biggest job in football bar none and the rewards if successful are huge, Mourinho knows that and he also likes a challenge, what's the point in managing in Spain or Italy other than the good weather and having the sun on his back.

The day to day cut and thrust, parry and lunge with a league club? The interaction on a daily basis with the players. The energy of managing a league club, the purchase of players, the contracts, the tea cup throwing. You can't really do any of that with a national team.

The England managers job is perfect for a semi-retired person, preferably one that can't get it up anymore and with a diabetic condition that won't allow him to go boozing. A person who doesn't rely on mystics or employs a cheap tailor....bring back Bobby Robson!