Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cove 3-3Ash

johnnojudo

Aldershot Senior Cup

A very entertaining if not very cold evening at Cove last night.

3-3 after 90 minutes with some very good goals and 2 penalties that were never ever penalties. Ref gave a dodgy pen to Ash on 75 minutes and then happily returned the favour to cove with less than 10 minutes on the clock. Extra time produced no further goals and pens it was. Johnno was No 5 but was not needed as Ash stroked all 4 penalties away with ease. Dudek (Fitzy) in goal was superb and saved 2 spot kicks including Coops' pen i think.

Away to Ashford of Middlesex for Ash in the next round. Great!!

I dont think so Roland.

Coops, Passmore, Dobbo, Garbo, i'm sure wouldnt class themselves as 'fringe' players. I'm not saying that the 11 that started was Cove's strongest possible 11 but a lot of his top players did play.

And as for going for the league... he he he.

Maybe going for 2nd, 3rd or 4th but def not 1st place. Merstham have it wrapped up. And you make it sound like Cove are still in lots of cups and dont need to do well in the Aldershot Senior Cup. That cup was the only one Cove stood a good chance in winning!!