Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Testing upgraded forum software :)

Hi,

I am currently testing an upgrade to our forum software.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/beta2

Please feel free to log in & test away...

Your existing username/password should work - or you are welcome to register a new user and test with that (I have disabled the one account per email restriction over there).

There are several new features, both for users, moderators & admins.

Please report any errors, that you find, or comments on the new features. I will make a post on the new features in due course.

I plan to move over to the new software within the next couple of weeks.

Any posts made on the beta site, will not appear here & will be deleted after I upgrade.

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Seems to be OK with me.

What will the benefits be ?

User Level Changes

• All displayed links now pass through a central function. This provides the functionality to add a fake .html extension to the end of urls, along with making search engine friendly urls, even more friendly.
  • The Who's Online Island has been rewritten to include colour codes, search bots, etc.
  • The shoutbox will now show username colours where appropriate. Also added an IRC like /me functionality.
  • You may now change the Markup type while editing a post.
  • New option on Active Topics to show Topics that do not have any replies yet.
  • The following changes were made to the Text Editor:
    • Smiley popup will no longer stretch to the skies imagination.
    • PHP, SQL, Code and HTML sytnax highlighting.
    • Popups now show correctly positioned in all browsers.
    • Aligned image bbcode is now much easier to discover.
    • The bigger/smaller images are moved to be vertically related.
    • Popups autohide when you click the textarea.
    • Modified spoiler and list tags. Spoilers now have spoiler=Message and list tags now support list=(circle|i|I|a|A|1|disc|square)
    • Several media options, such as YouTube, Google Video, etc.
  • The Member List has been reorganized. This will also show the user's current online/offline status.
  • The pagination code has been redone to make it easier to jump around forums/topics with multiple pages.
  • Abbreviated subjects on the cfrm/postlist pages will now show the full subject when hovered over.
  • Moderators and Styles will now be listed alphabetically when shown in list form.
  • You can now set your notifications to only notify you when a new topic is created, instead of for every post.
  • In the footer bar there is now an option to change the Stylesheet or Language settings, this is available to guest users as well.
  • It is now possible to just search the body of a post, excluding the subject.
  • When emailing a post, you will now get the option of emailing just that single post, or the post and all of it's replies as well.
  • It is now possible to email a Private Message to yourself.
  • Added the capability to email the entire topic to oneself.
  • 'My Stuff' menu option to have it as either a drop down or as a left navigation menu. Defaulted to the left navigation.
  • 'My Buddies' is back, but with more functionality. You can check multiple users, and then launch a PM to all selected (within limits). Multiple delete. View Posts and Profile from same screen.
  • Viewmessages (PMs) has been enhanced to additionally include: Emailing of multiple selected PMs as well as deletion.

Moderator/Admin Changes

• Added inline moderation to the postlist pages. This allows admins and moderators to manage multiple topics at once.
  • Global Moderators added. This allows users to be added as Global Moderator, where they will get moderator permissions for all forums they have access to without needing to be assigned to individual groups.
  • If you are a moderator and can edit a user, or are an admin, you will now see an Edit User link in the popup when clicking a username.
  • When an admin, moderator or user with sufficient permissions replies to a topic, they have a new option: "Lock this topic" where they can save their reply and instantly lock the topic at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Ian, is there any chance of getting a lot more smiley icons please? smile

Blige-Me !

You don't want much, do yer ?

Fur lined box next, I spose !

chloe

bolt

Originally Posted By: Bitch
It already is wink

I'm told this comes highly recommended !!

immac_cream.jpg

chloe bolt

See Ian, i need some smileys with whips! smile

• 3 months later...

Hi,

The beta has taken far longer than I had imagined.

The good news though is that as a beta tester 7.3 final has just been released to me.

I plan to upgrade the test site this weekend, ensure everything is working and then upgrade here.

When we do upgrade here, there may be a few permissions issues to deal with, so please do not be alarmed if you have the odd error. I will work through any issues as quickly as possible.

The shoutbox will also return to the right hand side of all pages, however this can be disabled if required.

I will let you know once the beta site has been upgraded smile