Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Foul Language

Red Rooster

I don't know about believing - what I know is a player went in from behind without any intent to win the ball fairly, leaving the player with a suspected break for which an ambulance was called

Having committed this foul, the player was then given a yellow card when I believe a red should have been shown

Please do not go down the Harry Redknapp protect-the-kids-with-my-selective-memory-of-how-everything-was-wonderful-in-football-crowds-30-years-ago, because the things shouted in grounds 30 years ago were far worse than the abusive language you heard tonight

Hopefully those kids will have learnt very quickly that if you go in like that on a fellow player - the crowd - if not the referee will see - & you will be singled out & vilified for your unsporting behaviour

So if you want to avoid that - don't go in like that

I was over the dugout side, although not an "I didn't see it" I did not get a clear view. My point is your crowd were a disgrace with their language, the tackles are for another discussion. I am sorry if your player is hurt as I wouldn't wish injury on any player. There were men in their 50's wearing football shirts embarrassing themselves and your club.

Originally Posted By: Red Rooster
I was over the dugout side, although not an "I didn't see it" I did not get a clear view. My point is your crowd were a disgrace with their language, the tackles are for another discussion. I am sorry if your player is hurt as I wouldn't wish injury on any player. There were men in their 50's wearing football shirts embarrassing themselves and your club.

Well i did see it right in front of me,and i am not lover of swearing either,but a few words slipped from my lips tonight after the assult i witnessed and the subsequent in action of the official.

I think you're trying to use the issue of language to deflect from the tackles personally.

But I'll bite - given the language used throughout all football matches at all levels throughout the country by supporters, players & the backroof staff - your suggestions for policing it are what, exactly?

He got no abuse until after the tackle - that was the whole point I was making about what kids will learn from that incident

And as the abuse has happened I am now asking you what you would suggest is done about it retrospectively.

Up & down the country. Because if you'll got a practical solution I suspect the FA would be delighted to hear from you.

Originally Posted By: Red Rooster
I just can't see how you are trying to justify the constant bad language towards the ETU player all night by blaming it on the tackle? They put your club to shame.

the justification by our fans for the abuse received by one of your players tonight was moulded in actions taken by the player 4 years ago....we all reap what we sow and you obviously have no first hand knowledge of that...we have and so does the player and I suspect that the sword has been buried tonight and I also applaude the player for taking it calmly which he did...all things pass...

the actions on the pitch tonight however were far worse than the actions off it...

now go to bed whoever you are.....a fine young player lies in hospital tonight with a career threatening injury and you are only stoking the flames for future fixtures...

I don't know because I didn't see him. Although I heard swearing, the only words I can defintely identify to a person was the guy standing next to me who was using the word 'disgrace' with regards to the tackle & the referee.

I don't know about you, but I see Rooney swearing every week on MOTD. I suspect more kids watch Rooney than come to Hornchurch. And it's not an excuse, it's sadly a statement of fact. As I said in an earlier post - it was worse 30 years ago.

If you feel that strongly about it - write to the FA - ask them what practical steps they're taking - write to MOTD - ask them why they're showing top players clearly swearing during the course of the game

I suspect you don't really care about this a great deal, & are just embarrassed about the challenge.

If the swearing really does bother you, then I think you might have trouble watching competitive football outside the confines of your own living room.

the swearing is part and parcel of the game always has been we are normally quite a mild lot but east thurrock hats off to them for winning but came here to stop hornchurch playing football at all cost and they did that in there own style alas there doesnt seem to be any good refs in this division if this was the case there would have been a lot of early baths,the fella who broke shanes ankle did himself no favours by smirking for the rest of the game swearing and bad refs are hear to stay assaulting players is not bring on chelmo no one likes us we dont care

Football is a passionate game and at times people use language in the heat of the moment that you would not normally hear.

In a crowd of a few hundred, you can hear these shouts more clearly than in a crowd of several thousand.

As Global says, 30 years ago you would hear far worse at football grounds with racist abuse going generally unpunished.