Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Foul Language

Red Rooster

lets be honest i meen take live footy games u can hear the abuse from the fans from start to finish the volumes right up its in dolby sound around being broadcast to millions the broadcasters dont mute the sound or at worst scrap all further showing of live games highlites only at midnite on bravo dont swear myself honest but footy is a big part of my life hence a season ticket holder and always will be

Originally Posted By: dagger04
To the best of my knowledge, strong language does not break anoher player's ankle.
Dreadfull for the lad, but it also doesnt lose games, and only get 266 through the turnstiles

I went to see Ayr against Queen's Park the other week.

You ain't heard nothing until you've been north of the border.

Out of 125 Queens Park fans there were at least 50 Biased Bob's.

Last night was just pussycat's stuff.

I don't agree with constant abuse but understand people getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

Football is a passionate game, and different people have different ways of expressing it.

Don't use it to disguise what went on during the game on the pitch.

Players have responsibilities too.

Its funny in a way but last night I had my 11 year old girl with me, and when asked what she throught about the language she said she was more worried about how Shane was. I know we all try to protect our children against these things, but I also feel they protect themselevs. Just my veiw as there is not enough cotton wool in the world to do the job these days.

What a load of PC bullsh!t, one of the main problems with football these days are these do gooders who don't have a clue about football and in particular football fans.

Do you think these kids haven't heard people swearing before ? It's the parents responsibility to raise them and educate them to know what is right and wrong and if the parents of these kids don't want them to hear people swearing at football then they have the choice not to take them.

Have any parents who take kids to the Bridge ever complained to the club about the language ?

I teach in a rural Australian High School (900 kids) and the frequency and intensity of swearing has sky rocketed over the last 4 or 5 years.

Reached the point now where the 'F' word has become just another word and the use of the 'C' word is on the rise from both males and females.

Language evolves.

My concern is that we are rapidly exhausting our swearing options.

In years gone by a good "F You!" was guaranteed to raise the hackles of all involved and 'C' was saved for those special occasions where the ultimate insult was required.

Swearing used to be a class signifier enabling the workers to verbally attack the upper classes/employers/politicians with language that provided a sense of solidarity.

Now everyone does it.

Sure you've got UM who can put together an obscene word picture better than most but that's a disappearing art.

Where the 'F' do we go from here?