Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Keeper

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: cody
I had the chance to speak to your keeper Andre Foster at the end of last year and you could not wish to meet a nicer person

I'd agree with you Cody he is a nice guy but at this club you are judged on whether you do the business on the pitch not just if you are a jolly nice chap. Yes it helps but it is not an essential requirement.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but why on earth did Simpson start ahead of Kofi? Simpson, apart from the Hampton game, has shown nothing to warrant him good enough to start for Town. Losing KN through suspension sparked our recent poor form since the Edgware game - JC should have been looking to get him back into that starting XI ASAP. Am I missing something? Did Kofi have a knock in the past couple of weeks?

It's about time Velandia got a chance, alongside Kofi, with the 2 youngsters on the wings. Deane upfront with Foster for Wivenhoe - see how it goes. I'm fed up with Crace and Hammatt being permanent fixtures in the side, when they are not performing well, and especially as the results are reflecting this. We need the spark and creativity that the youngsters bring, along with the extra pace and sharpness that Deane and Ozie could bring!! Also Foster's aerial ability.

Anyway, we need a miracle to get to the playoffs now.

Although I totally understand why people are unhappy with the way things are going, and are calling for change, if JC is to be replaced, you cannot do this without the club being confident that they have someone else lined-up for the job, or a good idea of who they want to take the club forward. Things could easily go the other way, and replacing Jim doesn't necessarily mean an improvement. I am assuming that getting the standard of manager we would like is going to cost more than Jim is costing the club at the moment? This has to be taken into account.

Jim has done a lot of good for the club, and although things are pretty depressing at the moment, you cannot get rid of a decent manager without something else in place following his departure. This is not the Premiership, and things can't just happen overnight - I prefer Jim in charge for the time being, rather than some hasty appointment that is bad for the club in the long term!!