Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This is the real Gavin

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Greg Dyke - Shall we draw a line under this now then. Incidentally I meant to ask why you went to Hertford Town last Saturday and missed a Brentford home match in the process as you can't have missed many games at Braemer Road this season, what was the point

I like watching football.

shall we draw a line under this too ?

borg

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Originally Posted By: Bitch
I want it, and i want it now! Gimme it! I need the answer tongue

Something like..

Fornication Outlawed, by Charles the King

when Sex was regulated in the 17th Century.....

Ahhh, like Feel Under Covers Kwik? laugh

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Something like..

Fornication Outlawed, by Charles the King

when Sex was regulated in the 17th Century.....

Not very far off, Greg.

It dates back to Georgian times, specifically the Monarchy of George III in the late 18th Century. The King was concerned about what was considered to be a population boom so banned all bar the Royal Household and it’s servants from having sex and, therefore, children.

After a while, however, it was pointed out to the King that the population may die out if there weren’t enough children being born so the King reluctantly agreed to allow the peasant folk of England to bear children. Still wanting to maintain an element of control, however, the King decided that peasants could only have children having applied for, and received, his permission.

Due to the architecture of buildings not yet having reached the high standards of Modern England, it was obvious from the noise when a couple were having sex. In order that everyone knew that the King had granted permission, the Royal Household would send out a notice to hang on people's doors stating that the activities therein were “legal” The notice would read “fornication under consent of the King”.

Obviously, due to sex amongst the lower classes having been denied for so long, there was tremendous demand when the Laws were relaxed. As this was the time of Quill & Parchment, each notice that was approved took a long time to produce and was, literally, quite a painstaking task for the Royal Servants that had to produce these notices. As a result, the phrase “fornication under consent of the King” developed into the acronym “F.U.C.K.” and became synonymous with the act of having sex – hence the formation of the word we all know today.