Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This is the real Gavin

So can someone tell me what Greg Dyke meant in his post

Hordes - Long time no hear, where have you been hiding, I assume you heard that Kentish Town beat 'the mighty' Royston Town last night

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
So can someone tell me what Greg Dyke meant in his post

Rhodes,
I will break my golden rule for you, and explain a joke !

However I am aware any "joke" that needs to be explained is automatically laboured and unfunny.

But....

May I draw your attention to this joke...

My dog has no nose...
How does he smell
f**kin awful

Your line about Tony Galvin, led me to remark if he smelled/smelt

Joke ruined !!!! duck

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Talking of the 1982 Spurs FA Cup Final squad I saw Tony Galvin yesterday!

Greg Dyke - Sorry but I still don't get it, this was my post about Tony Galvin, where does it mention noses or smelling

Greg Dyke - Shall we draw a line under this now then. Incidentally I meant to ask why you went to Hertford Town last Saturday and missed a Brentford home match in the process as you can't have missed many games at Braemer Road this season, what was the point

Pagey - Did we meet at Hamilton Hall, my mind's a blank.

The shirt and ball are safely ensconced in 'Sugar's' snooker room at home, that's the long and the short of it and he has got away with blue murder

Thought of the day.

Why is virtual murder (as used in Rhodes context above) always Blue? Anyone know the origins? And while we're on it, when we wash we use hot water. Why then when we wash our teeth do we always use cold water? I've tried using hot water recently and found it more pleasurable, although whether more effective I couldn't really say.

It may be because us 3's teeth react to the cold nowadays, i use warm too smile

And, you asked for it.......

The expression "blue murder" seems to have begun life as a pun on the French exclamation morbleu. When something terrible happened a Frenchman would cry out "mort Dieu" ("God's death!" In other words, "how terrible!"). This became morbleu and was translated as "blue death" or "blue murder". "Blue" has a history of being used as the colour of plagues and all things hurtful, thus making "blue" an adjective of alarm.