Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Redford leaves Hertford for Ware!

Not only do they nick our player , they nick our photo of him too!

Ware website

p.s. Aidan Mynott never said that! It's another bit of Dave Griffiths unless I'm very much mistaken!

Originally Posted By: Jack Sparrow
Good luck to Rhino. I guess Hertford are paying for there poor treatment of him earlier in the season.

So Mr Sparrowtwat, being such an expert as you obviously are, would you care to explain "there poor treatment"? (I assume you mean "their poor treatment", though you were clearly not around when basic English grammar was being taught.) Secondly, I find the phrase "Hertford are paying" quite intriguing. Given that Hertford Town won their first game after Mr Redford's departure 3-0, with two assists and a goal from his replacement, I would be most interested to hear your take on the match, which you so obviously attended. Thank-you.

Horace - I assume you've seen this link, you must feel like Spurs fans did when Sol Campbell moved to Highbury:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=48842

Thank you for your concern Rhodes, but if you had bothered to click the link I provided above, you would see that it is the same.

I am familiar with the hatred between Arsenal and Tottenham, but Hertford - Ware is far worse!

I wasn't stirring but reading between the lines of Horace's post he is clearly gutted about Ryan Redford's, Judas like, departure to Ware. He was the famous Redford/Cooper partnerships biggest fan and regularly shouted about it from the rooftops, now I wonder where Hertford Town's goals will come from and I think they're sadly destined to remain in the SSML for the forseeable future when they're clearly a Step 4 Club.

Septimus. I object to the abusive nature of your post and your comments about my grammar. There was no need for such a response.

I was merely making a point about the way I think Hertford treated such a prolific goalscorer when they found themselves with 3 strikers on the books.

When I said Hertford are paying, I was not talking about the result yesterday or his replacement. I was talking about the long term impact of losing him. There has been much interest in him from other clubs at a higher level so if you think he is not a loss, I am very surprised. He is also a local lad which is an added bonus.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I wasn't stirring but reading between the lines of Horace's post he is clearly gutted about Ryan Redford's, Judas like, departure to Ware. He was the famous Redford/Cooper partnerships biggest fan and regularly shouted about it from the rooftops, now I wonder where Hertford Town's goals will come from and I think they're sadly destined to remain in the SSML for the forseeable future when they're clearly a Step 4 Club.

The King is dead, long live the King! Make a note of this name - Attila Korsoveczki.

Ryan is an honest lad. He had already been courted by several clubs, including Biggleswade Town, who seem to believe that they might get him next season. He did not move to Ware lightly, but never having played above Step 5 found the temptation of doing that locally too strong. He has made very sure that he has burned no bridges, however, and that's how we want it.

Still not happy with Ware nicking him though! Apparently Scott Neilson is bound for Cambridge City and John Frendo is wanted by Histon, so it looks like a panic move. Part of me wants Ryan to do well, he deserves it, part of me wants him not to! confused

Originally Posted By: Horace
Still not happy with Ware nicking him though! Apparently Scott Neilson is bound for Cambridge City and John Frendo is wanted by Histon, so it looks like a panic move. Part of me wants Ryan to do well, he deserves it, part of me wants him not to! confused

Players at every level are footballing whores... He'll be back one day achso

Originally Posted By: Horace
Ryan is an honest lad. He had already been courted by several clubs, including Biggleswade Town, who seem to believe that they might get him next season.

We stand by our approach and would still love to see him play for Bigg Town. The Manager is talking to 2 other players for next season and we have 'secured' the services of one already (all 3 were approached on the 7 day rule).