Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bookham 2-1 Horley Town

Teflon

A great result for us today (even I predicted it wink)

Horley probably had the adavntage in the 1st half and hit the post and also created some good chance but Bookham also created their own chances and too hit the post before scoring in the 4th minute of 1st half injury time (dont know where 4 mins came from) with the assistant flagging the ball had crossed the goal line from Gridley back headed as the referee awarded a penalty for hand ball (save the guy being sent off)

Bookham go 2 up on 50 mins with the bounce catching out the Horley defence and Piercy running through to lob the keeper.

Bookham led a charmed life with Horley missing an open goal twice in the same move before a penalty was awarded for a shove in the area which was scored by Death.

Bookham down too 10 men when sub Taylor who had only just came on gets caught as a player slides through on the ankle, ref does not give a free kick an Horley sportingly knock the ball out of play. Taylor say to the ref he's F**king having a laugh while injured on the floor and get sent off bigshock Personally thought it was a very harsh sending. The ref had not stopped other players of both side using offensive language prior to this some of which was directed at him.

Bookham hang on for the final 20 mins (just) for a great 3 points. One sour note was 1 of the assistants eating all the food before the other officials could get there biggrin1

Originally Posted By: Teflon
A great result for us today (even I predicted it wink)

Horley probably had the adavntage in the 1st half and hit the post and also created some good chance but Bookham also created their own chances and too hit the post before scoring in the 4th minute of 1st half injury time (dont know where 4 mins came from) with the assistant flagging the ball had crossed the goal line from Gridley back headed as the referee awarded a penalty for hand ball (save the guy being sent off)

Bookham go 2 up on 50 mins with the bounce catching out the Horley defence and Piercy running through to lob the keeper.
Bookham led a charmed life with Horley missing an open goal twice in the same move before a penalty was awarded for a shove in the area which was scored by Death.

Bookham down too 10 men when sub Taylor who had only just came on gets caught as a player slides through on the ankle, ref does not give a free kick an Horley sportingly knock the ball out of play. Taylor say to the ref he's F**king having a laugh while injured on the floor and get sent off bigshock Personally thought it was a very harsh sending. The ref had not stopped other players of both side using offensive language prior to this some of which was directed at him.

Bookham hang on for the final 20 mins (just) for a great 3 points. One sour note was 1 of the assistants eating all the food before the other officials could get there biggrin1

Don't tell me you were actually surprised Teffers.

I've never known officials get into the club-house so quickly after the final whistle.

Nice to actually meet and shake hands with a senior-poster on this forum, and yes, I DID count my fingers afterwards.

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Bookham down too 10 men when sub Taylor who had only just came on gets caught as a player slides through on the ankle, ref does not give a free kick an Horley sportingly knock the ball out of play. Taylor say to the ref he's F**king having a laugh while injured on the floor and get sent off bigshock

That description reminds me of the funniest sending off I've seen. Croydon were playing Whyteleafe in the Isthmian Full Members Cup, and were 4-3 up in extra time. Our striker, Jamie Fascione went down injured in the centre circle. Referee through he was play-acting, and refused to stop play. We kicked the ball out of play in order to get Jamie treatment, and the ref still wouldn't let the physio on. Two minutes later, Jamie was still stuck in the centre circle, so Whyteleafe kicked the ball out of play, and still the refe wasn't allowing the physio on!

So as play carried on again, it all went very quiet, until a piercing scream of "referee, you're a c**t" emanated from the centre circle! The referee immeditely stopped play, waved the physio on, and sent Jamie off! grin Crowd was in stitches! biglaugh

Hoping to have a look at Meadowbank later today.

At least last night was dry-ish here in leafy Dorking.

The pitch was pretty well cut up at the end of the Bookham game and the heavy downpour halfway through the match certainly didn't help.