Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Im going to the Ash United game this weekend

I though I would you let you know that I am going away to Ash United this Saturday to chant/drum for the Town. I don't go to many away games so it will be a good day out for me and the Barmy Army members. I have been to 5 aways games what were Marlow United pre-season,Bemerton Heath Harlequins FA Cup, Cove, Abingdon Town, Sandhurst, and all the clubs loved the support and were suprised Reading Town have a Barmy Army.

What a bunch of miserable elderly kents!

I think it's great that people under the age of 65 are taking an interest in CCL level football and supporting it. From the reaction on here it seems any noise is frowned upon (just look what happened to Chas!). As few people attending as possible, preferably in complete silence is obviously the name of the game!

Out of interest, a question to the people involved in their clubs on here. What exactly do you do to encourage people to attend games (particularly young people)? Not a dig, genuine question.

Originally Posted By: TRS
What a bunch of miserable elderly kents!

I think it's great that people under the age of 65 are taking an interest in CCL level football and supporting it. From the reaction on here it seems any noise is frowned upon (just look what happened to Chas!). As few people attending as possible, preferably in complete silence is obviously the name of the game!

Out of interest, a question to the people involved in their clubs on here. What exactly do you do to encourage people to attend games (particularly young people)? Not a dig, genuine question.

TRS I think it is great we have guys going along to cheer their side on.

At Camberley every youth player is allowed in free with a paying adult for 1st team games. Unfortunately this is not widely known as the club do not publicise it. Being involved with the youth section I will be trying to get this promoted better this year. Also last season the club arranged some small sided games before 1st team games. My team played one down there and it was a great success. The man of the match for both the home and away side were mascots for the main game. I do know that one away club complained that it interferred with their warm up and Camberley havent done it this year to protect the pitch. We could certainly do more and I hope that we will in the coming seasons.

Bookham allow all Bookham Colts players in for free, we only ask that they wear the club tops to enable us to identify. Generally they will be accompined by an adult so extra gate receipts.