Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charlie Side

zeebra

I didn't think he looked happy for the past four or five months. Seeing as Trotty was using him at right wing. Also, he looked a fair bit overweight. No bad thing he has moved on. I was hoping he would be shown the door in the summer anyway. I'd like to think this would create a chance for Joe Taylor, but I doubt it.

If Trott was serious about the youth he said was going well in his post-Ramsgate interview, he would have given Ollie Gray from the u18s a run-out at left back on Wednesday instead of Summers.

No great loss.

Previously, i have always defended RT in that whilst he signed players at the wrong time snd wrong position, his signings were normally good ones.

That also seems to have gone off the boil this season-lets be honest-goodfellow and side were never good enough,and jury is still out on Coleman and josephs

I thought Side had potential, but only in a forward role.

I do not see how a player can just 'tear up his contract'. I thought contracts existed to stop players just upping and leaving.

It is getting a bit strange round these parts at the moment!

Steve

As a side note, although Carshalton's web site is not really up to much, I like the idea of the manager posting his views, news about injuries and the match day squad the day before the match.

Steve

Have to agree with that Michael. Goodfellow, Side and Joseph in my opinion have all been poor signings, now we have been able to take a look at them all. Joseph looks like a rabbit in the headlights. He must move on in the summer. Jackson may be able to do another year here if he reverts to left back, and he can then get into positions to whip balls in from deep.

Coleman prefers to play as a striker, and I think that is something worth looking at for next season. Obviously we won't see him until the pre-season now but I do think he has ability. Not really a winger though.

It does seem as though the club have given up on promotion (did they want promotion anyway-and arguably-even for supporters-we will be better off in the ryman next year with alll the local derbies)

I expect 'ripping up contract' is all spin from side-and in reality-it was best for him and margate as with gates dropping dramatically, the budget had to be cut surely.

what troubles me is that i have no confidence that RT will get good signings for next season-quality -not quantity-and we will contiue the decline.

Until now-i have sat on the fence re:RT but have come to the conclusion in last 24 hours that he is not the manager for Margate -even if he were to win the next 5 games

Seems most likely to be true, as his name and photo has gone from the Squad Section on the Club's website, bearing in mind that Dean Standen was still in there a couple of days ago. Hasten to add that Deano's entry has now gone as well. So they must have had to clean up of the site.

If you saw Charlies face on Wendsday you wouldn't be suprised. Pi***d off didn't do the look justice.

This is a time for the fringe players to come in and prove what they can do.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael

what troubles me is that i have no confidence that RT will get good signings for next season-quality -not quantity-and we will contiue the decline.

Until now-i have sat on the fence re:RT but have come to the conclusion in last 24 hours that he is not the manager for Margate -even if he were to win the next 5 games

Absolutely my line of thinking MM. I don't see Trott bringing in good players in the summer. Let's not forget - Hockton was his mate, who was signed by CK. The Gravesend contingent he knew from his year at the Fleet, and also there was talk that CK had lined most of them up to join that summer anyway.

Not "official but CS was understood to be a bit of a disruptive influence in the changing room and his move as I understand it to Carshalton was on loan to the end of the season.