Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Good Luck Ramsgate

djw

Hold on, I never agreed to that. I've tried and I can't do it. COME ON SUDBURY!

from a ramsgate perpective, and seen whats gone on before its good this coming from you margate, so its welcomed apart from wellsie who must be a bit of a sourpuss, thanks margate,i know we have our differences but hey i drink with you guys anytime, as are teams are only a few miles apart i know a few who support margate, and enjoy the banter i have, and its always good natured, cheers margate

Has no one any experience of Everton and Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers? A smaller scale I grant you, but similar in other respects. As an Evertonian as well as a Gate fan I had a number of Liverpool fan acquaintances longing for our EUFA cup run to end.

Sourpuss? OK, I can live with that.

That is different, afterall, Everton were not allowed to enter the UEFA Cup due to the fact Liverpool's supporters could not behave.

As for Rangers V Ceptics, the rivalries are well beyond football.

However, I agree with you on the fact I could never wish you good luck at'll

Thanks Rob, glad you understand. Well, apart from back in 1985/6 it was the Europen Cup we weren't allowed to enter, and =it was this year's EUFA cup I was talking about.

As for other rivalries, try asking Newcastle and Sunderland, or Bristol City and Rovers etc. fans what they think of each other's team.

wellsie get a grip, in planet thanet every one knows everyone,, ever by working there, they maybe related to them,or near , i have people living in my street who cos they know me and know i walk pass each day,they put a margate flag up, (they are supporters) liverpool/everton etc its a differnt league, you must watch to much tv, i get on with any one i meet, and never mind banter from the oppisite side, as long as its constructed, and before you ask, dont agree with rob

There are some lines that can't be crossed. It was a bad day when L*ton T*wn won the League Cup but a bloody great one when they couldn't play in Europe because of the ban mentioned earlier by Butler.

I'm glad R*msgate have climbed the pyramid purely for re-newed rivalries but to wish them success-nah, can't do it.

COME ON SUDBURY!

You don't know me very well do you Redside. I don't have time to watch much football on TV. It's just size that seperates Everton and Liverpool from Margate and Ramsgate. Oh, and I have my grip thanks.

There is no difference really between the two rivalries, OK Liverpool is traditionally Catholic and Everton Protestant but that is not such a big factor now. The same way that Ramsgate fans are traditionally civil and well educated, as opposed to Margate who are fairly simply and ill educated. The fact is on Merseyside there are many split families (supporting both sides), and communities, just like there are in Thanet.

As said before, people that CAN wish both teams good luck, well done to them, but to expect others to is sheer lunacy

Originally Posted By: Rob_Butler
There is no difference really between the two rivalries, OK Liverpool is traditionally Catholic and Everton Protestant but that is not such a big factor now. The same way that Ramsgate fans are traditionally civil and well educated, as apposed to Margate who are fairly simply and ill educated. The fact is on Merseyside there are many split families, and communities, just like there are in Thanet.
As said before, people that CAN wish both teams good luck, well done to them, but to expected others to is sheer lunacy

It's ridiculous and childish comments like that that make people hate you Rob and side with other teams except Ramsgate

Iam actully mean good luck Ramsgate. Iam a Margate supporter but have played football with some of the Ramsgate players in local football.

I think we need to get back down to earth if we start comparing it to Liverpool and Everton !!

thanks djw,we are as you may guess in high spirits in ramsgate, but i leave it there, i want to say sorry to wellsie if as it seems ive upset him ,it wasnt my intention, i dont watch football beyond ramsgate , hate the man Us etc only interested in watching the scores from this the ryman premier league , as this seasons closes in a bid for the playoff place and so forth ,wellsie i dont know you at all, and your entitled to your opinion as is tony, the fact i dont agree with them is my opinion whether its right or wrong,its only opinion- i end it there, i dont want any bitterness so hope my apology is excepted if you were upset by my comments,

Originally Posted By: Rob_Butler
The same way that Ramsgate fans are traditionally civil and well educated, as apposed to Margate who are fairly simply and ill educated.

Spot the "well educated" spelling mistake. Also Redside hopes his apology is excepted-so no need to accept it then Wellsie. Think our resident chav Butler has undone his own idiotic statement there.

You couldn't make it up could you?