Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cup Finals

Reserve Challenge Trophy Final Cockfosters V Colney Heath

Date - 7th May

Venue - Brimsdown Rovers FC

Kick Off time - 7.45pm

Officials - Referee - P. Hern

Assistant Referee - S. Pordes

Assistant Referee - G. Lewis

4th Official - S. Beardon

Originally Posted By: Horace
Why? It's either because he's regarded as one of the best, or Mick Ewen is waving two fingers at you, or both!

Mr Ewen was as nice as pie when we spoke last Saturday and Mr Panayotiou wasn't mentioned. We mainly discussed Portsmouth as Mick's a big fan and had been to the West Brom semi final at Wembley earlier in the day, naturally he was over the moon.

Yes I was forgetting that Mr Panayotiou was doing your game tomorrow, I hope our paths will cross at some point so I can assure him that there is no ill feeling on my part.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Division One Cup Final Ampthill Town V Haringey Borough
Date - Saturday 3rd May 2008
Venue - London Colney
Kick Off time - 3pm
Officials - Referee - C. Henry
Assistant Referee - R. Endacott
Assistant Referee - D. Elkins
4th Official - C. Scott

I thought that Mr Henry had an excellent game yesterday and bent over backwards not to have to reach for his top pocket despite some nasty challenges. One of the Assistants constantly infuriated Ampthill in the second half with his flagging for offside.

I thought some of the offside decisions were very debatable and Ampthill Town seemed to agree, indeed they seemed to get the rough end of the stick all afternoon when it came to decisions going against them.

I didn't criticise the programme, I just suggested that perhaps more could have been done with it that's all. Furthermore I don't recall criticising a Referee or a Club's supporters, saying that there were some dubious offside decisions is not being critical in my book.

When you use the word dubious it normally means you are doubting something meaning you must think it is not valid or right.

But of course that isnt a criticism it. The ref and/or linesman were wrong in someones opinion but thats not being critical. Have the balls to back up your opinions.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I didn't criticise the programme, I just suggested that perhaps more could have been done with it that's all. Furthermore I don't recall criticising a Referee or a Club's supporters, saying that there were some dubious offside decisions is not being critical in my book.

Must try harder grin

Bitch - Yes, I make you right, thanks.

Bitch was talking about the Official and some of his decisions.

Premier Division Cup Final Chalfont St Peter V Beaconsfield SYCOB
Date - Tuesday 6th May 2007
Venue - Harefield United
Kick Off time - 7.45pm
Officials - Referee - M. Mellor
Assistant Referee - B. Furneaux
Assistant Referee - J. Hillier
4th Official - L. Walshe

Is anyone planning a visit to Harefield United this evening, I just wanted to warn Football Man off that I'm hoping to attend however I'm sure he is considering either Frenford Snr v Harold Wood Athletic or Galleywood v Manford Way in the Essex Olympian Premier Division.

I thought some of the offside decisions were very debatable and Ampthill Town seemed to agree, indeed they seemed to get the rough end of the stick all afternoon when it came to decisions going against them.

Very interesting from your vantage point in the second half.

Behind the goal, clearly you can tell who is and who is not offside better than than the assistant ref who was IN LINE !!!

Division One Cup Final Ampthill Town V Haringey Borough
Date - Saturday 3rd May 2008
Venue - London Colney
Kick Off time - 3pm
Officials - Referee - C. Henry
Assistant Referee - R. Endacott
Assistant Referee - D. Elkins
4th Official - C. Scott

I thought that Mr Henry had an excellent game yesterday and bent over backwards not to have to reach for his top pocket despite some nasty challenges. One of the Assistants constantly infuriated Ampthill in the second half with his flagging for offside.

The young official with blonde hair is apparently an Ampthill lad - why did they choose him to assist? I think in trying not to favour his home town he gave the majority of the decisions to Haringey.

I put Wellsy through at the end of the game and he was onside by a country mile!

Southmidsfan - I'm afraid to say that I have to agree with you, 'Sugar' is bound to say that the young blonde Assistant was okay but I think he was out of his depth for a Cup Final and appeared nervous throughout.