Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

question for the chairman

i believe that rob errington still has internet access despite the fact that he never posts the results on here anymore.anyway maybe he could tell us his views on the 'joke' club mauritius sports. surely they knew that a fair crowd would be in attendance for todays visit but they still couldnt be bothered to 'man' the turnstiles, also are they fined for not producing a programme?

this is not a personal attack on rob but whats the point of a club with no ground,supporters,programme or even turnstile operators,bring on takeley,mountnessing and white ensign and chuck these fecking idiots out!

Try emailing the Essex FA and ask them why a Middlesex-based club gets senior status, whereas Braintree Wanderers, well funded and sharing a Conference South ground get kicked into touch and were stifled at birth so to speak. I have tried four times, but no reply as yet.. Might try again today.

Try emailing the Essex FA and ask them why a Middlesex-based club gets senior status, whereas Braintree Wanderers, well funded and sharing a Conference South ground get kicked into touch and were stifled at birth so to speak. I have tried four times, but no reply as yet.. Might try again today.

[/

quote]

Wanderers must of gave up to easily, well funded but are the right people in place.

As far as I am aware all the funding was in place and they were good to go. They had hoped to go into the ECL, but then a change of heart had them knocking on the ESL door.

However, to the best of my knowledge (nobody from the Essex FA has commented, despite being ten months down the line) they were refused senior status. Once again, on what grounds I do not know.

I man in the know at Braintree told me that the money they had raised was given to charity and that as they say was that..

beeswax a concord fan posted a complain about there being no programme,if they had bothered to collect gate money then they could have afforded to produce a programme.theres even a thread on anothers messageboard complaining about this club.

Originally Posted By: richard193
beeswax a concord fan posted a complain about there being no programme,if they had bothered to collect gate money then they could have afforded to produce a programme.theres even a thread on anothers messageboard complaining about this club.

ok, they could have used the gate-money to offset the fine frown

Richard,they like Beaumont last year, are new to the league and from what i can remember when we played them at the beginning of the season,they have a good sponsorship deal with the Mauritius air travel company that pays for the hirihg of Aveley pitch.Our committee didn't get anything and our players got some sandwiches from the Aveley bar.Obviously is not their club house and they are just tenants.They are trying to improve and getting better.On the football front they have a good coach and players that are keen to improve and they showed that against Concord and other teams recently.Fans wise,hopefully playing at Waltham Lodge next year,they will get a few more and will produce a better programme and start charging the away fans.Give them time mate,Rome wasn't built in a day... smile

That shouldn't stop them getting the basics right Coachie, i.e. post match hospitality for the players/management and a programme. One person spending half hour on the gate would have yielded around

Their attendances last saturday were 25,their second best crowd of the season so far after Barking 35.

14 35 9 20 3 11 15 10 25 21 4 17 x 4 10 10 .So someone must have been at the gate!In the second game we played they have given us the sandwiches in the changing rooms like a lot of other teams do in our league(personally a bad practice) and i have got their nice match programme in front of me.They haven't got a committee room unfortunately so that's the main problem.We complained at the beginning of the season together with Burnham about lack of committee hospitality but i don't know if went through.We have to understand that they are tenants and might be their relationship with their landlords is not the greatest frown don't shoot them,they are nice people and they will get better.

As far as I'm aware, they have produced a programme for every game this season. Trouble is, they are kept in the home dressing room and you have to physically go up and ask someone from the home team to obtain one. This is how they used to operate in the Middlesex County League and I guess they haven't got used to operating as a senior club yet. Haven't been to one of their home games yet but understand that they produce an A4 programme, a la London APSA.

oh sorry i thought they were useless,disorganised idiots but now you've explained it to me i understand, so they are still to work out that they need someone on the gate to collect the money and they expect the fans to walk into the dressing rooms to pick up a programme.

Richard,last time Concord played Mauritius away in October in the league cup there were only 4!!! in attendance.They must have tought they would have got more or less the same this time!!And nobody complained after that game!!!

coachie, hullbridge only get a handfull but someone still goes to the effort of producing a programme,look at beeswax at basildon his programme is excellent but its not read by thousands is it? its called taking pride,if you can't be bothered then don't play at step 5.