Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thameside Trophy Semi Final v Ilford

How does that make any sense? Someone in the other thread said the final is held at the best suited ground. Meaning if we win tonight, we'd host the final (I've never been to Bowers' ground, but I'd bet it's not better than ours).

Anyway, wherever it's played, if we get past Ilford tonight, we've got a great chance of bringing the silverware back home.

I'm a bit torn as to who I would like to play in the final should we get there.

Brimsdown has got a big clubhouse and a good stand behind one goal, plus it's a half decent trip for a bit of banter on the coach. Have enjoyed going there the last couple of years when we've played Enfield Town.

On the other hand, Bowers is just down the road, meaning we could drink in our clubhouse until 2pm, leg it over to Pitsea, and then all back to Park Lane hopefully for the celebrations! Would also mean a lot more Canvey fans would be able to get to the match. However, it wouldn't feel like a cup final @ Bowers, not a ground built with creating atmosphere in mind.

Overall, I think I'd prefer Brimsdown, but let's get through tonight first!

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
If you go to Bowers, you wont be going back there in a hurry!

Jog on KJ, Bowers has possibly the best clubhouse in the ESL or Ryman Div 1 Nth, deffo better than Burnham's or Canvey's.

I am just talking about the clubhouse though, now't else! grin

Guest MOB Snr

The club house is OK, speaking as someone living in Basildon I would rather play in Brimsdown.

Bowers is a dump, so is much of the surrounding area. There is no way their ground is more suited to holding a final than Canvey's.

Dark and dreary place at night and not much better in the day, I shall now duck!!!!!!!!!

The hollowed out cargo containers that they use as cover make me laugh.

The ground isn't all that and the pitch was pretty poor when I last went there but the clubhouse is very impressive.

Well, now that's done we can start making some proper cup final arrangements!

An entertaining match last night, capped off with two wonderful goals - Richard Halle's free kick and Ian Luck's 25yrd lob over the keeper.

Whatever happens now, we're 90 minutes away from some silverware...

Yeah, I enjoyed last night. Shame about the rain, but it didn't effect the team as they again played well throughout. Despite the scoreline, I was surprised Ilford put up as much resistance as they did. It's great to make a final and maybe we'll get lucky and have the game at home.

I thought they did okay, considering. We've played them six times in two seasons and I think last night they showed more ability than they have before, but then a place in a cup final was at stake. They didn't have much of the ball, but still managed to score twice (whether that was down to our mistakes or their skill, I don't know). I still think they're the worst team we've played this season though.

They were poor but not at bad as they usually are. They made the game very scrappy at times and we did take a while to get going and then ultimately kill them off but it was still a decent performance.

Great goals by Halle and Lucky. Lucky looks really sharp at the moment and Rich Halle has produced some great performances in the last couple of games and is proving what a great player he is.

Ilford's kit was absolutely shocking!!