Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Div 1 race is nearly run

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
I heard a whisper Dykesey was going to Bradwell.. true Jimmy??
Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
And you heard it here first too. New Bradwell will be up there. New... changing rooms, training area, floodlights, quality players (cant reveal names yet) and a young team with another years experience. I'm a betting man and I'm having a large one!

The rumour is that he is going to Cranfield. They are hot on the trail of him and Stui Reynolds to lead their strike force for next year. Don't think it will materialise but them two are worth 70 goals between them.

See you tomorrow McMullen - we have cemented 7th spot so tomorrow not too important in the grand scheme of things although I suppose we are fighting for a start in the cup final next week.

Originally Posted By: upside_down
from what i have seen this season Kentish Town are a one (maybe two) man team!!!

You must be upside down yeah granted they have scored a fair few goals but we have an all round exellent team remember its a team game but hey what are strikers for.
so Stony are a 1 man team then(Dykes)
so Amptill are a 1 man team then(Reynolds)
so Bedford are a 1 man team then(Jozwiak)
i doubt it very much.

Originally Posted By: upside_down
from what i have seen this season Kentish Town are a one (maybe two) man team!!!

Upside Down - It's very easy to assume this as scoring 34 league goals for us since October is no mean feat however he still needed the service and you have to give a lot of credit to Jonathan Donoghue who supported Lee well up front and actually netted 24 times himself, people seem to forget that.
As for Darren Dykes I don't actually rate him that highly, obviously he's decent but very bull in a china shop, with little skill, and worryingly has his eye on getting players sent off at every opportunity.

I bet you would rate him extremely highly if he played for KTFC. Bull in a china shop? No skill? Still you must have seen him play at least... twice... in your life so you have alot of background to base your opinion on. And football is all about opinions and you're entitled to yours. And me mine.

You're a twat.

Don't take my word for it, when Willo the Cat next comes on I'm sure he will endorse my views seeing how Dykes got Willo sent off at our ground. Anyway I'm not criticising him, all I'm saying is that strikers like him are two a penny at our level.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
all I'm saying is that strikers like him are two a penny at our level.

He's scored 38 goals this season Rhodes - ten a penny, I don't think so.

Yes in all competitions from August to April, Lee Scott scored 34 league goals from October to April

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes in all competitions from August to April, Lee Scott scored 34 league goals from October to April

But as you rightly say Dykesy has a terrible disciplinary record so for a true comparison you would need to factor in all his suspensions as well and do a games to goal ratio.

Undoubtedly Lee would have scored a few more had you been in any cup competitions.

Why is there not some kind of award for top goalscorers?

They gave James McCarthy at AFC Dunstable an award for getting over 50 league goals in Div 2 last season, but there's not a "Golden Boot" for each division. We need someone to offer to sponsor these awards, then they might.

I expect Stuart Hammond to get a few today!

I bet Craig Hammond will be all out to get a hat trick today to equal Lee Scott's incredible feat and four to beat him although I'll be disappointed with Sun Postal Sports if he does. Personally I don't think he will as Hammond has ended the season in disappointing fashion and in some ways has let Royston down badly following the faith the Club bestowed upon him, not to mention the money they have paid out, to try and get them up.

Southmidsfan the 2 said players will defo not be going to Cranfield they have and never will pay.

Stuart Reynolds should get out of his comfort zone and start frying a bigger fish, he is wasted at step 6 and with coaching and better players around him (no disrespect to Ampthill) he can progress.

Dyksey.. goalscorer.... but overweight and needs to trim down if it's true about a possible step 4 move.

And someone else mentioned Jozwiak... HANDS OFF!!! 22 goals since end of sept surely a full season would have seen 30+ ??

Yes spot on but then having said that where would we be without Lee, some of his goals this season would have graced the Premiership