Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Div 1 race is nearly run

So the SSML Div 1 title/promotion chase is down to three and, with all due respect to the other sides, I feel in a bit of a no lose situation whichever two (or one?) clubs go up.

I would be delighted to see Haringey Borough go up as they have a manager and committee that I know very well and have been very good friends for many years.

I would be delighted to see Hoddesdon Town go up as I have many playing and coaching connections there from my time at Potters Bar that I know very well, not to mention the likes of Roger, NF & Jonno.

I would be delighted to see Kentish Town go up as my place in the club's history is already assured and I will be able to take a great personal pride in the achievement. After all, it was me alone that got them promoted to Div 1 in the first place when they had initially been overlooked at the SSML AGM and it was my effort that, as they readily admit, kept them going when clip Rods and his committee terminated their groundshare at Haringey at short notice.

And all three are relatively local to me so whichever two (or one) from three makes it, I'll be happy.

As for next season, keep an eye on Amersham Town as potential dark horses. You heard it here first! wink

'We're' home to Buckingham Athletic on Monday 5 May, 3.00 kick off as it's a bank holiday!

I heard a whisper Dykesey was going to Bradwell.. true Jimmy??

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
And you heard it here first too. New Bradwell will be up there. New... changing rooms, training area, floodlights, quality players (cant reveal names yet) and a young team with another years experience. I'm a betting man and I'm having a large one!

Yes I wholeheartedly agree but sadly only two teams can go up and it's looking like Haringey and Kentish Town, Roger will be devastated.

We look forward to visiting Goldsdown Road again next season, it's always a great pleasure and hopefully it will be another classic like the 2-2 draw last season, I believe you were in attendance that historic day (14 October 2006).

At one point I thought you were going to do a modern day Nottingham Forest and win the Premier Division however your poor start to the campaign didn't do you any favours after Gordon Boateng left you high and dry at short notice and it took you a while to get back on your feet

Wader - No and I was like a wicket keeper behind the stumps for a full 20 minutes waiting for Soppy Lemon to edge it.