Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Div 1 race is nearly run

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: upside_down
from what i have seen this season Kentish Town are a one (maybe two) man team!!!

Upside Down - It's very easy to assume this as scoring 34 league goals for us since October is no mean feat however he still needed the service and you have to give a lot of credit to Jonathan Donoghue who supported Lee well up front and actually netted 24 times himself, people seem to forget that.
As for Darren Dykes I don't actually rate him that highly, obviously he's decent but very bull in a china shop, with little skill, and worryingly has his eye on getting players sent off at every opportunity.

normally you! tongue

Keeper No.1 - Not at all, I'm Jonathan Donoghue's biggest fan however at the start of the season he will be the first to admit that he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo and that resulted in us losing three, possibly four, games we should have won comfortably including an FA Vase tie at Hoddesdon Town. I hope Jonathan decides to stay with us next season as the Premier Division will suit him down to the ground.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I would be delighted to see Kentish Town go up as my place in the club's history is already assured and I will be able to take a great personal pride in the achievement. After all, it was me alone that got them promoted to Div 1 in the first place when they had initially been overlooked at the SSML AGM and it was my effort that, as they readily admit, kept them going when clip Rods and his committee terminated their groundshare at Haringey at short notice.

Congratulations to Gregg, Frank, Kevin, Clement, Hector and all the players on winning the Div 1 Championship. Good luck in either the SSML Prem or Essex Senior League next season - May 14 is the day I believe it will be decided which League you will compete in next season.

I would be delighted to see Haringey Borough go up as they have a manager and committee that I know very well and have been very good friends for many years.

Well done Haringey on second spot. Hope the powers that be find a spot for you at the next level up as promotion was always on the cards following the appointment of Allan Fenn.

I would be delighted to see Hoddesdon Town go up as I have many playing and coaching connections there from my time at Potters Bar that I know very well, not to mention the likes of Roger, NF & Jonno.

Commiserations lads.

or Essex Senior League next season
Why on earth would we want to play in the Essex Senior League next season

I think there is more to it than that, don't the SSML have a say in it at all

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think there is more to it than that, don't the SSML have a say in it at all

In a word "no"!

I'm sure this will be the first of an avalanche of press publicity about Kentish Town in the coming weeks and months, a number of the Nationals are queuing up for interviews with us early next week so watch this space:

http://www.thecnj.com/camden/2008/042408/sports042408_01.html

Why do you say that, we are a semi pro Club.

I've probably received between 50 or 60 congratulatory messages since Haringey Borough's draw with Winslow United including the one below from our supporters Club in Israel, my mobile started ringing at 4.55 yesterday and hasn't stopped since:

Dear Friends of Kentish Town and our friend Clement

Please accept our best wishes for achieving such a fantastic achievement, The Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know how hard you all worked and the difficulties you overcame through out the season.

The sweet achievement and result is the best thing.

Again ---

All our best wishes & congratulation

Yossi Hecht and all your Israeli supporters

I would like to congratulate Harringay on promotion, look forward to crossing swords again next season.

Hard luck to Hoody, so close and yet so far, hope u make it next year.

And what this i hear a couple of Hoody players coming to KTFC preseason trainng, could this be true ?

Originally Posted By: Special1
do you pay any of your players?

We might give Javier Rivera, Eddie Nazaray and Emanuel Clement a free can of coke from time to time but that's about it, if we offered them money they probably wouldn't take it

Tems that play in the FA Vase and compettions above like the FA Cup, i believe..............i could be rong now.........but hey thats life............are you involved in the FA VASE special 1 and what about the FA Cup. Are you a senior club? Im asking because im curious.

Yes, Sport London e Benfica should be eligible for the FA Vase next season, I assume Hanwell Town have allowed them to enter and they will be playing in it unlike when we groundshared with Potters Bar Town and a certain person clicked his heels.