Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clearout?

Gazza

I believe we need not a big, but a massive clearout in the close season, with the exception of Max Mitchell, Luke Marshall & Robbie Carroll I find myself struggling to think of others worth their place in the squad.

I would probaly keep Rudi for his experience & to help the youngsters, Lee Smith definatly deserves his place for his patience & hard work to get fit again.

Glen Harvey? well for me the jury is still out but hasnt done much wrong not to warrant a place in the squad next season & the same with Ozzie.

But who else?

Mitchell

Marshall

Hall

Smudger

Harvey

Foster

After those Im struggling & cant say that any of those are always first on the teamsheet.

Also where is Bryan Hammatt? still suspended? Injured? left?

there has been no official news on the website or any where else for that matter, just a lot of rumours, anyway I dont think he would make my list of players to keep on. shocked

Big decisions ahead for our club, lets hope they are the right ones.

I think someone said Hammatt is at Maldon, although I've not checked it out personally. Agree with the 6 players that you list, and the other youngsters of course, who given time have every chance of being good enough. Hall definitively gets in, since his discipline seems to have improved massively, and his set piece ability is so important at this level. I wouldn't go for such wholesale changes, there are players that I like a lot, and I'd add the following to the list:

Nyamah (if he can improve his conduct and stay fit)

Crace (give him good service, and he will score lots)

Bastian (reliable, and can play in two hard to fill positions)

Campbell (if fit and motivated, as good a player as we have)

Velandia (I'd pay

Nyamah (if he can improve his conduct and stay fit)

Never really impressed me, if he is not serving suspension he seems to be injured & if rumour is true we really cant afford him!

Crace (give him good service, and he will score lots)

Would like to see a bit more commitment, seemed at times this season to be half hearted, but on form the class act of the team, cant see him staying though.

Bastian (reliable, and can play in two hard to fill positions)

Solid, reliable & dependable, my player of the season but not sure he is a defender would rather see him further forward.

Campbell (if fit and motivated, as good a player as we have)

Needs to make a big decision in my eyes, does he want to play for the Town? On his day he is second to Crace as a class act, but has been missing all season, maybe a new manager could sort him out.

Velandia (I'd pay

So you'd not keep your player of the season?

Tend to agree with most of what you say, although Nyamah has impressed me lots when he's started, but he doesn't help himself in terms of suspensions, and seems to be injured a lot. Perhaps Allen's commitment / availability means that he should drop off the list of players to definitely keep?

Edit: I forgot about Gant - if he can sort out his long-term fitness, and get a run in the side, then he's definitely on the list of players I'd like to see here next season.

We've already lost a hat full of experienced players since the season stated.If we want to challenge next season we MUST find a manager who can motivate and inspire the current experienced players (who we know are quality but at present are lacking in motivation,attitude,application.)

We need to get players such as Crace,Velendia,Campbell,Allen,back on form,rather than dispense with them.Nyamah must stay.He's class and will show it with an extended run in the team.If judging Andy Jones on quality,experience,and enthusiasm then he deserves to be in any plans for next years squad (IF his reckless side can be tamed).Don't forget that Rudi has been given far more second chances to curb his reckless side than Jonesy has at prsent.

Also if we bring in a new manager for next season.They normally bring half a dozen of their best past players with them.If they could also inspire the half a dozen currently underperfoming 'stars',and also bring on and develop the four or five youngsters,then we'll be Ok.

come on let's be real, the team this season has not performed, the players make up the team. One or two good performances now and again are not enough.

I would be happy to see a completely new squad next season.

and i am sure a new manager would agree. I just hope the board have the bottle to make some big decisions............