Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 6th May

HTFCew - I expected to see you at the Premier Division Cup Final tonight, there was no photographer there and you would have had a field day. As for the match it was a real thriller especially in the second half when Chalfont had the lions share of play and were pressing hard for an equaliser, typically PetetheGreek thought Beaconsfield deserved to win (yes he was there folks).

Football Man - You're such a coward, you had every intention of going to Harefield last night until I told you I was going and went to a Mickey Mouse Cup Final instead.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
ESSEX THAMES-SIDE TROPHY FINAL
Brimsdown Rovers 2-1 Canvey Island (aet)

The Canvey players must be knackered. That's three games on the trott that have gone to extra time and one went to penalties.

There's a report on the game on another's Forum, my only comment is on the programme which surely could have been included with the admission:

Essex Thames-side Trophy Final

Brimsdown Rovers 2 Canvey Island 1 (aet)

Att: Approx. 150

Admission:

Football Man - I know it was a difficult decision for you last night after I told you that I was going to Harefield, it sounds like you didn't miss too much at Frenford Senior and they didn't even do a programme:

Tuesday 6 May

Frenford Senior 3-0 Harold Wood Athletic;

Essex Olympian League: att: c.47; Entry free, no programme issued

Although local, this was a new ground for me. Despite this, delays on the Central Line meant that I was only halfway across the car park as the whistle blew for the very punctual 6:30 kick-off. Frenford play at the vast Oakwood Sports Ground, adjacent to Fairlop station. Given my lateness, it seemed inevitable to find that they play in a far (if not quite the furthest) corner of the grounds. The whole place was a bustle of activity with Old Parkonians cricket team training, floodlit hockey taking place on the far horizon, dog walkers everywhere and who knows what going on in the indoor sports hall. There were even nearly 50 people present to watch football, although it was one of those games where the attendance fluctuated somewhat.

Frenford Senior play on a pitch which is fully encircled by a white rail and lies alongside their large modern pavilion. This has a spectator overhang at the front, but it points to the cricket pitch, not the football field. There are no lights and no hard standing. Refreshments were limited to hot or cold drinks and crisps from vending machines in the dressing room area. The club does issue match programmes for some games at least, but did not last night. No gate was taken.

Frenford had won a cup final on Sunday and Harold Wood were looking forward to their own cup final this Thursday. You got the feeling at the start that their minds were elsewhere and it was all a bit scrappy. Things improved as the game went on however and Frenford showed us why they are in such a good league position. Pulling all the strings for them was Danny Demetriou (brother of Leyton Orient

Originally Posted By: Football Man
ESSEX THAMES-SIDE TROPHY FINAL
Brimsdown Rovers 2-1 Canvey Island (aet)

From the Non League Today Website, surely Canvey Island played a Reserve Team on Tuesday:

Brimsdown Rovers player-manager Mervin Abraham has confirmed to nonleaguedaily that last Tuesday`s 2-1 home Essex Thameside Trophy success against Ryman League Division One North play-off winners Canvey Island was