Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Result Tuesday 13 May

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS & FIXTURES

APRIL 2008

MAY 2008

TUESDAY 13th

CHALLENGE TROPHY FINAL

Brimsdown Rovers 0-2 Chalfont St Peter

(180) Charlie Strutton 16

Terrell Lewis 84

Horace - Where was HTFCew out of interest. I thought the crowd was a bit on the disappointing side considering it was the SSML's 'Premier' Cup Final, there were far more at Harefield United for the Premier Division Cup Final.

HTFCew as "up North" on family business. The crowd was indeed far lower than at Harefield, don't know why.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Horace
The crowd was indeed far lower than at Harefield, don't know why.

I think the Oxhey Jets minibus broke down on the way. Lots of other people probably stayed away for the exact same reason that so many Oxhey people wanted to attend!

Really!!!

pls expand FM!!!

Which one won?

I forgot about that, although I knew it was close.

Nicest golden goal I've ever won was the 0-0 ticket at Bognor Regis. I won a whole home made Bread Pudding. (Bognor are famous for their Bread Pud).

Best match draw I've ever won was a 50/50 ticket for a quid at Aldershot.

Originally Posted By: Gussy
Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Horace
The crowd was indeed far lower than at Harefield, don't know why.

I think the Oxhey Jets minibus broke down on the way. Lots of other people probably stayed away for the exact same reason that so many Oxhey people wanted to attend!

Really!!!

pls expand FM!!!

Most people would have stayed away because they knew he was going to the game, whereas the Oxhey people would have wanted to be there because he was going to the game. I believe he may have upset Oxhey recently although I understand that matter is now in the hands of the Football Association.

Football Man - So where were the Oxhey Jets contingent on Tuesday then, I would have been more than happy to meet them face to face and explain that the whole thing has been blown up out of all proportion mainly by the likes of yourself to show me in a bad light.

I think the reason the crowd was so poor was due to the venue, London Colney is a very difficult place to get to and had the game remained at Reynolds Field I'm sure the attendance would have been at least double.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
London Colney is a very difficult place to get to and had the game remained at Reynolds Field I'm sure the attendance would have been at least double.

Depends where from! The whole world doesn't revolve around North London.

So why are Hanwell Town, Cockfosters, Brimsdown Rovers, Kingsbury London Tigers, Kentish Town, Haringey Borough and Sport London e Benfica the backbone of the SSML then.

backbone of the SSMFL - don't make me laugh!

Horace - So who are the backbone then, London is 'where it's at' at the end of the day, not out in the sticks at places like Winslow, Cranfield, Langford and Ampthill.

I agree you have a plethora of players in London and because of that those clubs really should benefit from it. Do they though? It's a huge advantage after all.

Have you ever lived or worked in the 'sticks' Rhodesy? You should try it perhaps before dissing us that do. Although I'm a great believer in each to their own.

As for the backbone of the SSML, on the face of it your list is an oxymoron. Perhaps for backbone you could read geographical spine, or longest serving members, or best supported, or most succesfull? You therefore need to define 'backbone' for anyone to debate toward an informed decision.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - So who are the backbone then, London is 'where it's at' at the end of the day, not out in the sticks at places like Winslow, Cranfield, Langford and Ampthill.

The London clubs are an inconvenient headache inherited from the Spartan League!