Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

I've not only seen the Minutes but I can post the extract here in order to put the record straight, here goes. I did not resign from Kentish Town for comments made on this Forum about Oxhey Jets, I gave my reasons in an e-mail of resignation to the Club Chairman and that certainly wasn't it:

4.1. The Secretary read correspondence from Kentish Town F.C. advising that they had accepted the resignation of Mr Cliff Rhodes from the club as a result of comments he had posted on a public forum website directed at another member club, Oxhey Jets. The Secretary also read correspondence from Kentish Town to Oxhey Jets conveying their apologies for the comments made and assuring them that these were not the views of Kentish Town F.C. What appeared to be a satisfactory resolution to the issues was duly noted.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I've not only seen the Minutes but I can post the extract here in order to put the record straight, here goes. I did not resign from Kentish Town for comments made on this Forum about Oxhey Jets, I gave my reasons in an e-mail of resignation to the Club Chairman and that certainly wasn't it:

4.1. The Secretary read correspondence from Kentish Town F.C. advising that they had accepted the resignation of Mr Cliff Rhodes from the club as a result of comments he had posted on a public forum website directed at another member club, Oxhey Jets. The Secretary also read correspondence from Kentish Town to Oxhey Jets conveying their apologies for the comments made and assuring them that these were not the views of Kentish Town F.C. What appeared to be a satisfactory resolution to the issues was duly noted.

so you was sacked!

Er hello, read my lips, I resigned!

Why do you want to know as it's none of your business, if you do get hold of the extract from the Managemet Committee Minutes, which incidentally is inaccurate, I will be reporting the member responsible for sending it to you.

So, who sent them to you then? (Just so we can all report them)

The timing of your "resignation" was a bit coincidental.

Bitch - I thank you, yes that was the reason as stated in my resignation e-mail to the Chairman and not for comments made about Oxhey Jets, therefore the Minutes of the Management Committee meeting are inaccurate and should be amended.

No, rhodes, if there was an inaccuracy, it must be in Kentish Town's letter to the league!

Maybe it's me, but if the SSML have closed the matter on the basis that Kentish Town have confirmed, in writing, that clip Rods has resigned over it and now ol' clippy has come onto the same forum to totally deny this was ever the case, doesn't that re-open the matter and put Kentish Town back in the doo-doo?

I suspect Phoinex and/or Tigger are going to need to pull a few strings behind the scenes to smooth this one out with both the SSML (who may or may not read this forum and see his denial) and Oxhey (who definitely do read this forum and will have seen his denial), before concerning themselves with the fact that clippy is now trying to make them look like liars.

And we still await the FA's views on the matter!

Football Man - I'll have a decent wager that, now you have seen the extact of the Minutes anyway, you are just saying that and nobody PM'd you at all, it has also played nicely into your vindictave hands and you are trying to turn the situation to your advantage to get your own back on the ill fated groundhare from 2005/2006. As Horace says the SSML hierarchy have been misled and presumably won't be best pleased when they find out but the matter is still none of your business.

Football Man - I'll have a decent wager that, now you have seen the extact of the Minutes anyway, you are just saying that and nobody PM'd you at all, it has also played nicely into your vindictave hands and you are trying to turn the situation to your advantage to get your own back on the ill fated groundhare from 2005/2006. As Horace says the SSML hierarchy have been misled and presumably won't be best pleased when they find out but the matter is still none of your business.

..........takes me back to the playground!

duel discussion dance

When you said that you were resigning to spend time with the family did you mean it?

cooked

My guess is that something like this may have happened:

League to KTFC - get rid of that idiot, he's giving your club and the league a bad name.

KTFC to Idiot - we expect your resignation asap

Idiot to KTFC - I resign so I can spend more time with my family.

Strange that he used the "family" reason - I'm sure in the past when others have done so, he has said there must be something more sinister behind it than that!

Football Man stop stirring things up with Oxhey Jets, as far as im concerned the matter is now closed, rhodesy in no longer at the club, if Oxhey or the FA or the SSML would like to take the matter further, they may do as they like, but it will not be at the clubs expense, what Mr Rhodes said was out of order and he knows it, he apologised on here, as i recall and the club wrote to both parties concerned explaining our views on the matter, and it has now been laid to rest in our eyes and when we travel to Oxhey Jets we will be welcomed in their usuall good manner and i will personally speak to their chairman/ secretary at the AGM, we have never had any problems with them in the past and i cant see it being any different in the future.

Tigger - only one person stirring things on this thread lately, and it ain't me! Yes, you cleared things up with both Oxhey Jets and the League but now clip Rods has completely undermined it all by claiming certain things you've said to be untrue.

I'm sure Oxhey Jets & Kentish Town will get on like a house on fire next season. With the "problem" now removed from your club I wouldn't suggest anything else. However, they don't need me to tell them that clippy has muddied the waters here as they can read that for themselves. All I was suggesting was that you or Kevin may need to just reassure them in the light of clippy's latest claims.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
If a club based within a couple of bus rides away approaches him, he'll be there like a shot

Are you referring to Broadwater United, actually you're right as I might well be interested taking into account most of their youngsters get farmed out to League Club's and the Under 13's have just returned from a tournament in Tokyo.
You couldn't leave well alone could you, there was no need for you to post again following Tiger007's post putting you in your place and 'putting the record straight'.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
If a club based within a couple of bus rides away approaches him, he'll be there like a shot

Are you referring to Broadwater United, actually you're right as I might well be interested taking into account most of their youngsters get farmed out to League Club's and the Under 13's have just returned from a tournament in Tokyo.
You couldn't leave well alone could you, there was no need for you to post again following Tiger007's post putting you in your place and 'putting the record straight'.

You missed a bit, let me help..........

No, he's a proven liar. If a club based within a couple of bus rides away approaches him, he'll be there like a shot.

........it helps that if you 'quote' someone you get it right..........

Mrs Keeps - Your posts are often like double Dutch and I'm sure I'm not the only member who has trouble understanding them. You don't know me so how can you say I'm a proven liar, give an example where I have lied.