Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Mrs Keeps - Your posts are often like double Dutch and I'm sure I'm not the only member who has trouble understanding them. You don't know me so how can you say I'm a proven liar, give an example where I have lied.

I think this could be one for you Football Man giggle

It's noticeable that you couldn't think of anything yourself, isn't your wife home to ask as she seems to know me so well.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
I think this could be one for you Football Man giggle

Keeps - one that springs to mind from not long ago was where clippy kept insisting that he had resigned from Haringey Borough and not been sacked. Wader then very kindly dug up an old post where clippy confirmed that he had, indeed, been sacked by Haringey. Whichever way you look at it, one of those posts has to be a lie!

There are plenty of other examples if you have the time to trawl through the 13,000+ pieces of bumph that clippy has imposed on everyone over the last couple of years.

You couldn't leave well alone could you, there was no need for you to post again following Tiger007's post putting you in your place and 'putting the record straight'.

Does anybody remember the time that clip Rods promised to leave this website forever if Wader and NF were not removed as forum moderators? It seems that clippy couldn't leave well alone. After all, there was no need for him to post again after Ian_W had put him in his place by refusing to meet his demands.

Mrs Keeps - Your posts are often like double Dutch and I'm sure I'm not the only member who has trouble understanding them. You don't know me so how can you say I'm a proven liar, give an example where I have lied.

You are a total twit, did you not get your GCE in English Language? I never said you were a liar, I merely helped you with the FULL QUOTE by FootballMan, as you seemed to have missed that first part

...I suggest that you spend some quality time with your family instead of hiding from them on this forum

For your first English lesson I suggest we start with something simple like Aesops Fables, a comprehensive collection with lessons to be learnt, try this one for size

The Ass in the Lion's Skin

AN ASS, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the forest
and amused himself by frightening all the foolish animals he met
in his wanderings. At last coming upon a Fox, he tried to
frighten him also, but the Fox no sooner heard the sound of his
voice than he exclaimed, "I might possibly have been frightened
myself, if I had not heard your bray."

Clothes may disguise a fool, but his words will give him away

cooked cooked cooked

...or how about this one, think of Hector perhaps as the 'famous wooden image' and you perhaps as .....

The Ass Carrying the Image

AN ASS once carried through the streets of a city a famous wooden Image, to be placed in one of its Temples. As he passed along, the crowd made lowly prostration before the Image. The Ass, thinking that they bowed their heads in token of respect for himself, bristled up with pride, gave himself airs, and refused to move another step. The driver, seeing him thus stop, laid his whip lustily about his shoulders and said, "O you perverse dull-head! it is not yet come to this, that men pay worship to an Ass."

They are not wise who give to themselves the credit due to

others.

cooked cooked cooked

Mrs Keeps, if you decide to ditch Daddy Keeps, let me know!

bow bow bow bow bow

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Keeps - one that springs to mind from not long ago was where clippy kept insisting that he had resigned from Haringey Borough and not been sacked. Wader then very kindly dug up an old post where clippy confirmed that he had, indeed, been sacked by Haringey. Whichever way you look at it, one of those posts has to be a lie!

Football Man - Is that really all you can come up with, I expected much better and shows you are clutching at straws. This episode with Kentish Town giving the SSML false information has really played into your hands hasn't it and all your Christmas's have come at once, it's like you have a new lease of life on the Forum. As for Mrs Keeps posts, what on earth is all that about.

As for Mrs Keeps posts, what on earth is all that about.

Too deep for you Rhodesy!

Mrs Keeps - bow bow

Originally Posted By: Horace
As for Mrs Keeps posts, what on earth is all that about.

Too deep for you Rhodesy!

Mrs Keeps - bow bow

For christ sakes someone save the poor bugger from drowning!

Horace - thank you ......I am humble

grin

Originally Posted By: lendal
What has all this to do with pre season games?

Lendal - I couldn't agree more but blame Football Man as he wouldn't let things lie

Originally Posted By: lendal
What has all this to do with pre season games?

Lendal - I couldn't agree more but blame Football Man as he wouldn't let things lie

Ha Ha, sorry FootballMan, you got the blame evil2 evil2 - just a different pre season game, it's 'Rhodes Season'

Rhodes is totally blameless....sorry shameless

Heres a last one for you Rhodes, read it before you make your next post.............

The Eagle and the Arrow

An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard
the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly
it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of
it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced,
it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one
of its own plumes. "Alas!" it cried, as it died

We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction

cooked cooked cooked

Originally Posted By: Wader
Back to topic.

Just confirmed Tuesday June 15th
Biggleswade Town v Histon (first team)
7.45pm ko

I take it you mean July.

You play in June and the FA will be after you!

This is the long winded version from the FA.

I beleive it's an old law going back to 1891 when it was deemed as not correct to be playing football throughout the whole year!

Maybe someone can give a definative answer.

The Playing Season

8 (a) The Association to Determine

The Association shall determine annually the date on which the playing season shall

commence and the season shall terminate not later than the following 1st June. Each

Competition shall within the limit laid down by The Association, determine the length of

its own playing season.

(B) The Close Season

The

'The Association may also extend the periods for playing, as from time to time, in its

discretion, shall be deemed necessary or desirable, and agreements between Clubs,

Players, and Club Officials, Officials and Match Officials shall be subject to such

decisions.'

A simple letter outlining the nature of the match usually suffices.

In any event I did mean July.