Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Are Kentish Town still going on the pre-season tour to the Isle of Mann that I arranged with Russell Grant prior to severing ties with the Club

How come, I set it all up with Russell

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
It's a bit late to ask I know but are there any pre-season friendlies being played around the watford area this afternoon. Oxhey Jets, Kings Langley etc

Sorry Sam - only just seen this

Sun Sports 3-2 Tring Corinthians

I played the first 45 mins -leading 2-1 at h/t and then a guest appearance up front for the last 5 mins as we had run out of fit players! 88th minute winner (not me) but I'm still claiming I changed the game yay

The earlier "reserve" match was 2-1 to Sun

Cranfield United won 16-0 today at MK Wanderers, there is a brief report on another's Forum, 8-0 at half time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Septimus - I meant is he appointed to any, I'll be interested to know which ones if he can disclose that information, I guarantee one is at Haringey Borough.

Today I was officiating on the Wingate & Finchley -vs- Tonbridge Angels game.

For the first time in absolutely ages I went to a game today as a neutral. Welwyn Garden City were fortunate to only get beaten 6 - 0 at home by Leighton Town. It was a breath of fresh air to be standing on the sidelines supping a Guinness with the sun beating on the back of my neck and not with a care in the world about the outcome of the match (OK I'm a real ale drinker and all they had on was Abbot, which is far too strong for me at that time of the day, pre-kebab!). Anyway, WGC (who included no less than four former Hertford Town players over the course of the match)were truly woeful! I Know they were against a team theoretically one level above, but at five nil down at half time a cricket score looked on the cards. For the first twenty minutes nothing really happened, then Leighton realised how awful the opposition were and scored two goals in a minute. These were followed by another three, scored with consumate ease against a team who really didn't give a flying fazakerly. I missed the sixth goal as I was in the (always welcoming and a credit to the SSML) WGC clubhouse trying to win a few pennies on the Deal or No Deal video machine. Anyway, the result had been more or less a foregone conclusion since the first couple of goals, and Leighton's biggest challenge was keeping their 'keeper awake! All in all if I were a betting man, on this performance, I would have a little flutter on WGC being for the drop at the end of the season. I know the manager has said they need more strength up front, but from what I saw they need a lot more in defence and midfield too. It also transpired that one of their better players (one of the aforementioned ex-Hertford Town contingent) has signed for Hitchin, so they look in even bigger poo-poo. Meanwhile I'm off to Horace's den of iniquity to part with a few more hard-urned (that was a deliberate typo, if you knew what job I do you would underestand!)cyber-credits. Ciao.

Hold on! I thought St Mugs were playing Nazeing this afternoon. Who are you actually playing for NF? Ahhhhh! gottit, WPFC is Wyre Piddle, you're playing in the Dorset League aren't you?

Originally Posted By: petethegreek

Today I was officiating on the Wingate & Finchley -vs- Tonbridge Angels game

Thanks, that wasn't so hard was it. I heard that the game was played at a sports academy outdoor pitch which was be roped off, it all sounds a bit Hackney Marshes.

Originally Posted By: Septimus
It also transpired that one of their better players (one of the aforementioned ex-Hertford Town contingent) has signed for Hitchin, so they look in even bigger poo-poo.

It's McArdly difficult to work out who that was!