Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dana Cup

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
So what the youngsters at least gave us something to cheer last season!

I agree they gave us a little cheer and in my view some important publicity as we were shown on the BBC's Football Focus' program too.

But we only reached the 1st round proper, therefore we should be aiming for at least that or further as part of a continuos development/improvements. Additionally it would be great if the senior section could reach a 1st round proper of FA Cup that would be a big big cheer.

But well done boys in the Dana cup, keep going.

The Dana Cup is a fantastic tournament, with teams coming from all over the world to compete in it. I was fortunate enough to go in 1999 to watch my lad represent East Anglia Boys. It was played in a place called Hjorring.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Wouldn't it be great if we could make the FA Cup first round and draw the once mighty Leeds at home and stuff 'em!!

Quite agree, but would prefer Leeds away, I know brimmo isnt that spectacular but after a visit from Leeds it could look a lot worse!

Hey how about a return to Leicester?!

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Wouldn't it be great if we could make the FA Cup first round and draw the once mighty Leeds at home and stuff 'em!!

It would be great, yes, but I agree with Gazza an away draw would preserve what we've got for now BUT!!! a home draw would show the council we need better and bigger facilities to go about our trade.

But hey lets get past the 1st qualifying qualifying prelim round first.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
The Lads won their last match 5 - 0.
That's 3 wins from 3 games 2-1, 2-1 and 5-0.

Not sure who / when they play now !!

I thought people might be interested in the following, received yesterday evening from Mike Smee:

'Hi Everyone

beat the norweigens 5-0 today won our group and got to play BSS Australia tomorrow at 4:50pm Danish time 3:50pm Real Time.

Cheers Mike'

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
The Lads won their last match 5 - 0.
That's 3 wins from 3 games 2-1, 2-1 and 5-0.

Not sure who / when they play now !!

I thought people might be interested in the following, received yesterday evening from Mike Smee:

'Hi Everyone

beat the norweigens 5-0 today won our group and got to play BSS Australia tomorrow at 4:50pm Danish time 3:50pm Real Time.

Cheers Mike'

Just seen on the Dana Cup website that ETFC beat BSS Australia 1-0.

Well done the lads!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Here's Mike 'blog' from yesterday evening:

'hi guys beat the ozzie's 1-0 they were good an acadimie side for one of there top pro clubs over there. boys are starting to feel it now. we are in the quater final tomorrow'.

The Town go marching on...
They beat their quarter final opponents, Voss VBK, 2-1 this morning, and play their semi final match at 16.50 this afternoon.