Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spalding to return to the UCL???

The Tulips relegation from the DML Eastern has recently been confirmed but does anyone know where they will go?

Is it dependent on a team from the UCL being promoted? or will the top division of our competition be adjusted to accommadate them?

It's not dependent on a club replacing them no. It's almost certain that you'll have to carry an extra team in your top division, unless of course one of the current clubs wishes to switch leagues or drop a division(maybe groundgrading requirements). Of course if the promotion contenders from Division 1's grounds aren't up to scratch, then obviously the numbers need to be made up.

If not enough clubs apply for promotion to the Dr.Martens League(both East and West), then Spalding may get a reprieve, probably not in their best interests though. there's a lot of good to be said for relegation!!!

Although having said all that, it's not entirely unfeasible that they may apply to join the Eastern League.

I have to say that the ECL did cross my mind. But I am sure that the Tulips would want to return to the UCL.

Economically derby matches with Holbeach United, Bourne Town, Deeping Rangesrs, and of course Yaxley could help lessen the blow to their finances that long trips to Salisbury and Dorchester have made.