Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just 3 Excuse's this time....

OldTowner

Well, it's still early on for every team to get over the start of the season hangovers. Ebbsfleet started off bad and are back in the running. Though, Brimmo is right, keep going on like this and they will be the fight to stay afloat.

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
you wont be winning a championship like that at this rate you could be playing Bimmo next season .whoops !

Yep....... you may be right.

However, you are wrong regarding the only Enfield Team to win a Trohpy 2007-2008.
Take a look at the Middlesex FA web site, you numpty.

Hi all

I'm going to put my head on the chopping block for this comment but someone will do it any way. Is our management team really up to the job of guiding a team in this league. From what has been said on various threads about how we perform, the answer I think is, no they are not. From the results today and the current league table when was the last time we saw an Enfield side in the places for relegation. Never in all the time when Jim was in charge were we ever in that position. For once the board has got it all wrong in appointing the people they have. The opening results from this league campaign show we are not good enough. I fear for our position in the league. I hope I am proved wrong.

feedback chat

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
you wont be winning a championship like that at this rate you could be playing Bimmo next season .whoops !

Yep....... you may be right.

However, you are wrong regarding the only Enfield Team to win a Trohpy 2007-2008.
Take a look at the Middlesex FA web site, you numpty.
OOps silly me . Hillingdon must be worse than you lot then .

Originally Posted By: enfieldiansr
Hi all

I'm going to put my head on the chopping block for this comment but someone will do it any way. Is our management team really up to the job of guiding a team in this league. From what has been said on various threads about how we perform, the answer I think is, no they are not. From the results today and the current league table when was the last time we saw an Enfield side in the places for relegation. Never in all the time when Jim was in charge were we ever in that position. For once the board has got it all wrong in appointing the people they have. The opening results from this league campaign show we are not good enough. I fear for our position in the league. I hope I am proved wrong.

feedback chat

A very disappointing result and I don't accept it was an improvement to the Northwood match as we still ended up with no points.

A 0-7 deficit in the last two games should trigger certain actions in our club,

Firstly, the board need to discuss amongst themselves how they view the first 3 games and should be targeting improvements within the next 7 games at least.

Secondly, the managers must now recognise that the defence is suspect and drastic action needs to be taken even at this early stage. My recomendation is get the tried and trusted back into the back 4, i.e Allen, Gant, Campbell and Bastian.

Your quite correct that Jims teams never looked like relegation candidates in his time however results b4 his departure resembled that of a team bottom of the division.

The match report is comical, i.e a good performance but we lost 3-0 to an uncertain team, I'm sorry, thats not good enough. You can have freak results but our team is having a bad run of them.

HOWEVER, whoever the gaffer(s) select for Monday the home fans must back the starting XI with lots of encouragement and support no matter the performance/result cos anything else is detrimental to our club.

But I do still draw the line at 15 games b4 reviewing how the next 27 games are to be managed. As we've stated b4 the manager and players will want to improve as well.

'My recomendation is get the tried and trusted back into the back 4, i.e Allen, Gant, Campbell and Bastian'

Paul looked a very long way from match fitness in Thursday's Capital League game. But isn't the trouble with doing what you did last year, you won't be surprised when the same thing happens. I think that the back four mentioned would probably have led to worse results in the last two games- not strog enough.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
'My recomendation is get the tried and trusted back into the back 4, i.e Allen, Gant, Campbell and Bastian'

Paul looked a very long way from match fitness in Thursday's Capital League game. But isn't the trouble with doing what you did last year, you won't be surprised when the same thing happens. I think that the back four mentioned would probably have led to worse results in the last two games- not strog enough.

Fair enough, but something needs to be done with our defence, saying that our front line as well.

I'm struggling to make the game today, but will reserve any further 'constructive' views til I watch the team next