Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best rock guitarist of all time?

Look I know it's wrong for a non Saints fan to stick their nose in it, but this is music so it doesn't count.

You have Jimmy Page and Jimmi Hendrix in the pole and they matter the most. Jimmy Page just edges it for me, probably more because I prefer the music of Led Zep, but classics like 'Stairway', 'Rock'n'Roll' and 'Kashmir' just sort of win it for me.

Hendrix was absolutely fantastic, probably the best artist ever to cover Dylan.

If we were looking at the more modern wonders Marr and Squire are the muts nuts. But you have got to look at the pioneers of this, would there be anyone like Marr or Squire if wasn't for Hendrix or Page??

Ok, OK, there are probably loads I could have included, Carlos Santana and Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malsteen, Tony Iommi and Kirk Hammett for starters so unless you have about 50 people in the poll you've got to draw the line somewhere, but realistically only Page, Clapton and Hendrix stand out from all the rest.

I like 'Do it Yourself', very nice melodies, stand out tracks like 'love is the law' and 'Blinded by the Sun'. But is it as good as second coming??

The Second Coming has classics like Love Spreads, Tightrope, 10 Storey Love Song, Begging You, need I go on?? You have to say this is a better album.

I haven't heard anything of Graham Coxon solo, but I think he was a bit more involved in Blur's 13 and if that is the case, I reckon he could be very handy.