Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another team who may have a points deduction

BlueGate Alan

Taken from Harlow website.

FOLLOWING an appeal hearing on Thursday lunchtime, Harlow Town FC has been deducted three points for allegedly fielding an ineligible player in the recent victory over Wealdstone.

The club was led to believe by an official source that every player who featured in the 2-1 win over Wealdstone on Saturday 14 February 2009 was eligible to play, and no indication to suggest otherwise was received from the Isthmian League.

However, it transpired that one player who was involved in the game had not been correctly released from his previous club, through no fault of anybody at Harlow Town FC.

The relevant forms indicated he had been released before the Wealdstone game, but his previous club failed to notify the Isthmian League until two days after the fixture, rendering him, in the eyes of the league officials, ineligible to play in the match in question.

An Isthmian League panel found the Hawks guilty in part of the process of registering a player at a hearing on Thursday, and deducted the points gained from the Wealdstone match in accordance with league rules.

Harlow Town chairman Simon Morgan has pledged to appeal to the Football Association. He said:

in fact only 4 posts ian hardly 'all day' is it? i think harlow have more chance of having their appeal upheld as according to the statement the fault wasnt theirs but oh do i hope rams lose their appeal!!!! if there is a god help us in our games in need and rain down on those from the other side i have a bottle of champagne on ice ready for the day that ramsgate drop down and wipe the smug looks of the faces of those that think and say that margate are the second best team in thanet cause OH BABY IS REALITY ABOUT TO SET IN!!!!!!!!!

if there is a god help us in our games in need and rain down on those from the other side i have a bottle of champagne on ice ready for the day that ramsgate drop down and wipe the smug looks of the faces of those that think and say that margate are the second best team in thanet cause OH BABY IS REALITY ABOUT TO SET IN!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but in my eyes if at the end of the season ramsgate finish above margate like they did last season then we are the top team in thanet. This is not counting the fact that we have beaton you twice in the league in recent years. I will give you (margate) credit though as i wish that we could get some sort of winning run together so in current form you are above us. As i have said before i really hope we both stay up. Whitstable or folkestone on boxing day is not quite as exciting as playing you.

Originally Posted By: ooh!!bodyform
in fact only 4 posts ian hardly 'all day' is it? i think harlow have more chance of having their appeal upheld as according to the statement the fault wasnt theirs but oh do i hope rams lose their appeal!!!! if there is a god help us in our games in need and rain down on those from the other side i have a bottle of champagne on ice ready for the day that ramsgate drop down and wipe the smug looks of the faces of those that think and say that margate are the second best team in thanet cause OH BABY IS REALITY ABOUT TO SET IN!!!!!!!!!

You have forgive us, we have had to live in your Shadow for many years Oh Body Form, and to reach the level your playing at, was unthinkable a few years back and then to actually beat you guys 2, well we cant help but be smug as you put it, .. i do think its a shame that you are NOT confident in your own team to win your own games, that you hope we lose our 4 points and to be honest even winning your games may not be enough if other teams around us win there games in hand,, You guys are not out of the woods yet, and i think it be more of a shock, if you went down, than us,...we both have been pants this season, but I hope for the sake of local football we BOTH survive this league- good luck

Well worded 60, and unfortunately John I kinda agree with him. This season both Thanet teams have been out of sorts/under achieving whatever way u put it - it has not been easy going for fans and teams alike, however I WOULD rather be playing Ramsgate in the Ryman Premier than in Ryman South, and yes I too hope we both pull off the impossible/incredible and stay UP.... smile

yes i agree too that we have both under achieved and yes it is an achievement that ramsgate have reached this level but just want them down sorry not sitting on fence on this one i cannot stand ramsgate and hope they drop down, has nothing to do with 'majority' of their fans as some are a good bunch and 60 has worded his post very well which shows that things can be said without being offensive and the bulk i agree with but have to say i do have faith in my team but when your in a relegation dogfight like we are (rams included) you still need a little luck too!!! would wish you luck 60 but that would make me a hypocrite