Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spectacal at Harefield United

if you read the link that you trawled the net to find, you will see that Wembley was supposed to be ready (after all it WAS meant to be the centre piece of Englands bid for the 2006 World Cup), so I guess that St Andrews was a late replacement.

I heard that the FA were considering holding the FA Trophy and FA Vase Finals on the same day which surely wouldn't work, what do you think. Perhaps I should have a word in Lord Triesman's or Sir Trevor's shell like. I just felt that St Andrews wasn't the best venue for the 2006 Vase Final that's all, although the crowd was expected to be poor both teams had earned the right to be there and it wasn't their fault that Wembley wasn't available, I'm sure they wouldn't have minded travelling to Cardiff for what was a once in a lifetime occasion.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I heard that the FA were considering holding the FA Trophy and FA Vase Finals on the same day which surely wouldn't work, what do you think.

have to say I agree with you on that and its a poor idea.

did i miss something the all powerful chalfont distroying the mighty haringey 2-1 !!!!! last week .hares 5-0 an didnt even break sweat . Adams Willis strike on saturday would win goal of the season and it could have been the goal that made the points gap just to much for chalfont to bridge.

Well, what's for sure is the rest of the season is going to be really interesting.

Harefield are not playing with the confidence and style from early in the season and are without two of their best players at the moment through injury.

Chalfont have Wembley on their mind and none of their players will want to jeopardise a place in a Vase final so will they be going into league games 100% committed?

The extra-time victory on Saturday for Chalfont was ideal for Harefield. Another two hard games in the semi-final meaning a more congested league fixture list starting with a couple of really difficult games at Oxhey and Leverstock Green this week.

I put my anorak on earlier this evening to see what the run-in was like for both Clubs and they both looked tough.

I'm not one for a football cliche, but at the end of the day, when all is said and done, we will take one game at a time, not count our chickens and see where this journey takes us.

Up the Hares, Down the Chalfonts and Up yours, SamuelhelpSmiles

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: royals26

.... Harefield United always flatter to deceive, they are no doubt a good side when they want to be ...

I expect folk who see them week in week out, will object to the 'always' above - like I said I've only seen them twice, so expect my comments could be viewed as somewhat sweeping generalisations.

I saw them @ Holmer Green when they obviously played well within themselves and beat the bottom club without leaving 1st gear. This is a dangerous game to play if you can't then up the ante when your opponents are better quality. Their recent results (notwithstanding the romp vs Haringey) might suggest they can't. I hope I'm proved wrong - they have a tough run in too.
By contrast Chalfont sniffed blood against KT and duly went bezerk - that appears to be the mark of a team who could excel when given the opportunity - only wish my lot did it now, as regularly as they were back in the Autumn!.

Whoops.

Harefield United can be thankful that Chalfont St Peter have been distracted by their FA Vase exploits otherwise they wouldn't have stood a cat in hells chance of winning the Championship, clearly the two games in the 6th Round, which went right to the wire, have taken it out of them in no uncertain terms where league form is concerned.

Harefield United can be thankful that Chalfont St Peter have been distracted by their FA Vase exploits otherwise they wouldn't have stood a cat in hells chance of winning the Championship, clearly the two games in the 6th Round, which went right to the wire, have taken it out of them in no uncertain terms where league form is concerned.

flowersmile

Rhodes you are a complete and utter twat
stop talkin bolox
have you watched any games this season or are you bared from every where

Thefan - Well how do you account for Chalfont St Peter's poor results of late losing at Oxhey Jets and Brimsdown Rovers for example. I await your reply with interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, having the points on the board is far, far better. The Hares will begin tonight by giving Biggs United a fearsome gubbing.

Biggs Town and Chalfont have to play each other, and Town also have to go to Hanwell tonight, Leverstock Green on Thursday and somewhere else on Saturday, that's a really, really tough ask.

I think the mighty Hares will just do it. excited

Sams is right, the run in shows that we have a very tough and congested fixture list left - as do Chalfont but the season has been extended for them. The more games you have to play the more chance of a slip up. Of course if The Hares slip up there aren't as many games left to make it up, but yes I fear you will 'gub' Bigg Utd tonight big time!

The detail of the run in is available here