Jump to content

Milton Untited 1-1 Reading Town Sat 28th Feb

Recommended Posts

Milton Untited 1-1 Reading Town Sat 28th Feb


Match Video:


Barmy Army Video:


Reading stop the rot!!! (28th Feb)


Reading Town made sure it wasn't going to be 3 losses on the trot by drawing 1-1 at Milton this afternoon.


In the opening 10 minutes saw Reading Town have most of the ball which saw them create a few decent chances to get the opening goal early on. Reading Town kept on pressing and this Graham put a dangerous ball into the box from wide left which saw James Clark miss the header but the ball then fell to Scott Rees who couldn't poke it goal wards in the 13th minute. Just 2 minutes later saw Graham have a go at goal wide on the right but his effort went well wide of the mark. The Town were getting closer by the minute to scoring when a good ball from Duncan was headed on by Graham to Scott Rees who had shot from an acute angle which whizzed past the left hand post in the 24th minute. Milton were then forced into a substitution in the 29th minute after No 11 sustained an injury which saw him replaced. In the 33rd minute saw Scott Rees receiving treatment but the magic spray seemed to have worked and he was back on the field within minutes. The Town kept the pressure on and this saw Graham ping a ball into the box from the left but the Milton keeper gathered well to keep the scores 0-0. Milton took a surprising lead just before half time when Warren McCabe slotted it into the bottom left hand corner which saw a lot of cheering from the Milton crew. Reading Town came very close to find the equalizer when Graham Lewis's volley was brilliantly tipped around the post by Craig Griffiths.


The first few minutes of the 2nd half saw Milton create a chance which was blasted over the bar and then saw Graham Lewis one on one with keeper who saved well. The Reading boys were looking for the all important equalizer but Sam Flegg’s ambitious effort from far out sailed well over. Soon after Chris Grace made a superb reaction save after the ball looked to be going in but Chris Grace palmed away to keep it out. Milton were looking for the 2nd goal and this saw an effort fizz over the bar in the 58th minute. After the Milton effort on goal Ian Brooks was substituted for Will Bratt. Milton kept on pressing which saw Gary Hartley fall like a sag of potatoes after slicing his effort in the 61st minute. In the 68th minute Milton made their second substitution of the afternoon with Simon Kenny going off and Chris Plummer going on. Not long after the substitution was made Gary Hartley was sent off for a second bookable offence after a scrap occurred. Reading Town were awarded a penalty in the 75th minute after Graham Lewis was brought down in the area. Dave Mills made no mistake from the spot who smashed the ball into the beck of net to make it 1-1. Late on Reading Town had a few chances but the efforts were either well off target or well saved by the keeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Create New...