Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor Vs Bedford Town Reserves 14/03/09

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Are you guys aware that there is a Forum for the League that Bedford Town Reserves play in, I'll be attending their game at Tokyngton Manor on Saturday. The recent 2-1 home defeat to near neighbours Bedford must have been an embarrassing body blow

Zezi - Yes I will be in attendance tomorrow afternoon and hopefully our paths will cross. There is a thread on the Bedford Town Forum about their Reserve team and I have a feeling it will be an interesting contest which I'm sure Tokyngton will win.

Zezi - Well I'm sure that Tokyngton can continue their fine five match unbeaten run tomorrow, the highlight of which was of course the 2-1 win over Royston who have gone on to win all of their games by near cricket scores since then. The win at Hoddesdon was far more comfortable than the 1-0 scoreline suggests and, as you know, it's by no means easy to go to places like Winslow United and New Bradwell St Peter with a small squad and come away with 1-1 draws.

Originally Posted By: zezi

Any takers for tomorro??

Zezi - I wonder whether FoRM will grace the Viking Sports Ground with their presence this afternoon, it couldn't be nearer for them.

Any takers for tomorro??

Zezi - I wonder whether FoRM will grace the Viking Sports Ground with their presence this afternoon, it couldn't be nearer for them.

I'll save you the bother no we won't...we are going a little further afield today.

And incidentally as I know you like to keep your dossiers up to date, there is actually a ground nearer to certainly three members of FoRM than the Viking Sports ground. Spider I think may have the dubious distinction of having that as his nearest ground (as the crow flies)

Dave - 'We' will try our best to do you a favour this afternoon however I agree that it will be a comfortable home win particularly as Tokyngton will be seeking revenge for a humiliating 5-2 defeat at the Eyrie earlier in the season, Bedford Town Reserves won't like it up 'em as Royston found to their cost a few weeks back.

So what happened? I see according to Mitoo that SLB v Tokyngton is now scheduled for Thursday 26th March. I and possibly some other members of FoRM may well be in attendance.

laugh

Saw our 1st team win 2-1 at home, but we lost one of our young strikers (An"Drew" Phillips) to an Eduardo broken leg frown

Hope our chairman doesn't mess about with the Reserves set up next season due to financial pressures. I'll keep buying the lottery tickets in the meantime.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: Lato
So what happened?

LATO - I'll hold my hands up and say that I let my heart rule my head yesterday with the prediction following Tokyngton's impressive five match unbeaten run and realise Rome wasn't built in a day, the Club still have some way to go in emulating Kentish Town's exploits from last season. The game yesterday wasn't a classic with far too many stoppages, Tokyngton made the mistake of allowing Bedford Town Reserves to score after about 40 seconds and it was uphill for them from that moment, Bedford are a very young side with most of the team just out of short trousers however you can see why they are third in the table having lost only four league games this season.

Apparently quite a few first teamers are out??

Zezi - Were you at the game on Saturday as you didn't come over to introduce yourself, I wouldn't have been difficult to find as the attendance was a disappointing nine. I think the crowd on Tuesday evening against Hatfield Town will be much higher particularly as the profile of the Club is growing by the minute, a family of three turned up on Saturday from Tokyngton who had never been to a football match before in their lives but said they had been hearing wonderful things about a Football Club representing their local Community and were curious.

I think the crowd on Tuesday evening against Hatfield Town will be much higher particularly as the profile of the Club is growing by the minute Hatfield Town will bring about 20 people,

Horace - Thanks for the warning, I had better print some additional programmes

Zezi - Will you be at the eagerly awaited Hatfield Town game tomorrow evening, if so I hope we can hook up for a chat, it would be nice to see you in the flesh as it were.

Sorry Rhodes wont make the game tonight, can see a Hatfield win tonight, just dont think Manor have enough strength in depth and when a number of first teamers are out there a different team! With Dan Owen out for the rest of the season they will find it very hard to score goals or create chances up front!

Originally Posted By: Horace

I think the crowd on Tuesday evening against Hatfield Town will be much higher particularly as the profile of the Club is growing by the minute Hatfield Town will bring about 20 people

Zezi - You didn't miss an awful lot last night but Hatfield must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once to come away with three points, Tokyngton had a good goal disallowed which would have given them the lead and they also missed a penalty. Horace's post was misleading as Hatfield didn't bring anywhere near twenty people and most of them had Committee passes.