Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vase dream over for Chalfont

I'd be surprised if they are truly up for it on Tuesday, Oracle. Not long to recover from such a terrible way not to get to Wembley!

great shame for Chalfont. Now can they raise themselves for the league?

Originally Posted By: Lato

Now can they raise themselves for the league?

I think they can, Harefield United be afraid, be very afraid.

I think this, from another's site, sums it up:

Glossop North End 2 Chalfont St Peter 2 After Extra Time - Aggregate score 5-5 - Glossop won 6-5 on penalties - FA Vase Semi Final Second Leg

Where do I start - I saw both legs and the excitement and tension were something else. Glossop went one up on 90 seconds and bossed the first part of the first half, before Chalfont were gifted a goal on the half hour when the keeper and a defender collided. No more goals in 90 minutes, so extra time it was, and on 99 mins, the Glossop keeper spilled a Ben Stack long range shot and Charlie Strutton scored. Glossop had a shot cleared off the line and bang on 120 minutes, one of their players missed the target with the goal gaping. Somehow, in the 2nd minute of injury time, they bundled the ball in from a corner to give us penalties. Both sides scored their first three, then missed their 4th and scored their 5th. Sudden death -Both sides scored their 6th making it 5-5, before the Glossop keeper Ashlea Gotham went from villain to hero by saving from Lee Togwell, and Rick Bailey, who scored the first goal of the match, scored from the spot to send Glossop to Wembley.

A great tie, although the stewarding in both matches left a lot to be desired, and good luck Glossop at Wembley.

NO FEAR rhodes just frustration, that now they can focus on the league they get a little helping hand from the league it self with more time to fit in their games. NICE!

will colney and hanwell be up for it ?? they would have expected to have finished their season maybe players have arranged other things to do ,and understrenght teams will have to be put out.Not their fault. But hey! im sure the league have throught of this??