Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Citizens make it 3 out of 3

An emphatic 3-0 win over Colney Heath at Herns Lane this afternoon puts the Citizens in touch with Oxhey Jets and eighth place in the league.

Two goals from Fabio Valenti and one from Adam Wallace sealed the points.

The home side hit the post twice and Richard Morton was unlucky when he outjumped his marker at the far post but Valenti

Oracle - Here is Hertford Town's version of events with some pics, for once Horace and myself are in agreement, you definitely won't be higher than 15th and my bet is still 16th infact I'll have my house on it:

Bilbo, are you by chance referring to this, posted on 27th March by Rhodes. I have been reliable informed that the man never honours his bets, so there is little chance of me renting you a room

An emphatic 3-0 win over Colney Heath at Herns Lane this afternoon puts the Citizens in touch with Oxhey Jets and eighth place in the league. Colney Heath and Tring Athletic have games in hand but the ball is in our court and we need to keep focused and keep getting results.

The Citizens were a little slow out of the blocks for this Derby game against London Colney but with the team almost back to full strength, although still missing top scorer Stuart Blackburne, the soon got into their stride. Any early threat from the visitors was cut out by masterful goalkeeping by Darren Bonfield, the big man standing in for the injured Rob Blackburne.

The first real chance of the half was started by Fabio Valenti, a pass into Mark Blackburne who nimbly chipped the ball over a defender for Adam Wallace, but the stocky striker headed against a post 27 minutes in. The first goal came from a free kick won by Matt Thompson who was again impressing in midfield, Fabio Valenti stepped up and cracked the ball past Tom Blackman into the net a couple of minutes past the half hour mark.

The game was developing into a midfield battle with each team sending sorties forward, but the half finished with neither team adding to the score line.

A couple of minutes from the restart new boy Daniel Doran won the ball and passed forward where Valenti, at full stretch, slotted into goal to post his second of the afternoon. Just past the hour it was Mark Blackburne whose mazy run finished with a rasping shot that ricocheted back off the post to be smothered by Blackman.

However, 25 minutes into the second half the Citizens scored again, Bonfield kicked a long ball upfield; Wallace turned on the shoulder of his marker and ran through to score while the visitor

There's coverage of this game in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, I take it Jonathan Donoghue wasn't playing for Colney Heath as he's not mentioned in the report:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

What's the point in having the best centre forward in the SSML Premier Division on the bench, it doesn't make any sense.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What's the point in having the best centre forward in the SSML Premier Division on the bench, it doesn't make any sense.

..you haven't seen many Premier Divison centre forwards this season then!

Jonathan is a real nice guy but is not highly rated as a Centre Forward, that's why he has done the rounds and ended up at Colney Heath. I believe he did score at the beginning of March but has not scored in the last 7 games.