Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IS IT FAIR TO EXTEND THE LEAGUE NOW ??

The league has done what i throught and given chalfont the added bonus of knowing exactly what results they must get well after Harefield and biggleswade Town have finished their season.ON THE LAST DAY OF THE ARRANGED SEASON. surely now they are out of the vase space can be found to play the 2 games. Or maybe all 3 teams should re arrnge thier last game so they all play at the same time, as was previously arranged. Is it in the rules to change the end of season so late.

SSMFL.....proudly making the rules up as they go along since 1922....

chalfont still have to play colney heath away and hanwell at home. Neither game has been fixtured upto the end of the season which is 25th april when they play biggleswade town. So unless they are playing on the 21st and 23rd(nothing on fixtures yet) and 25th. they will run out of time.If you look on mitoo you will see other games carrying on past the 25th april.Hope this helps.

The league should not be extended just to accomodate Chalfont's FA Vase exploits. Most club's have had to endure Tues/Thurs or Mon/Wed games for two or three weeks now. If Chalfont have to play Tues and Thurs before their Biggleswdae Town game , tough luck

We've been playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and in one week had a Wednesday as well to catch up from missing league and nafarious cup games because of our own Vase run.

The last day home finale against Chalfont was going to be something special, but when the league asked for FA approval to extend the season for Chalfont, they were granted it - with the caveat 'if they need it'. I have to ask the question then, if Chalfont are made to play as frequently as we were to catch up, do they need it?

Wader - It is tough whether they need it or not !! The league should have accounted for this at the beginning of the season when stting their final fixture weekend. We at Royston are still in Herts County, East Anglian , South Midlands Floodlit cups and have five league games before 25th April to be played and a poss final if we are successfull in county cup. Oursleves like many other teams are not happy with the situation but we get on with it and make do. Extending the season for one team is outrageous and makes a mockery of the SSMFL running. If they need the extension ? - TOUGH !!

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

If they need the extension ? - TOUGH !!

I feel that is a little harsh. Chalfont St Peter have done the SSML proud this season, as did Hillingdon Borough in 2005/2006, and deserve a little leeway, what if Royston got to the Vase Semi Final following two exhausting quarter finals, both physically and mentally, with extra time and penalties involved, I'm sure you would be pleading for an extension. Harefield are only up in arms because they know Chalfont are more than capable of overhauling them for the championship.

I can understand leagues at Steps 1-4 having to have a fixed end date because of the need to accomodate play-offs. At Step 5, however, there is no such requirement so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to show some common sense.

Although this is the league that can only do fixtures one month at a time.............(dons tin hat and fire proof overalls!)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Chalfont St Peter have done the SSML proud this season, as did Hillingdon Borough in 2005/2006, and deserve a little leeway,

...which they've already had. At least twice this season the League have agreed to postpone CSP's Thursday match to give them more preparation time for Vase games on the Saturday. Had they played those Thursday games there wouldn't be a problem now. It is unfair to give CSP the best of both worlds by giving them fixture breathing space both during and after their Vase run.

wader right on! the last weekend was always going to be a special week and with the teams so evenly positioned it was going to be a day of worried phone calls back and forward.I know i was looking forward to the day as i suspect were you.

i dont want to overlook chalfonts success but my club comes first and your right, biggleswade have had to play 3 games a week and not moaned so now its chalfonts turn.

unlucky in the vase. Now move on!!

and may the best team win. GAME ON !!!!!

Chalfont have indeed done the league proud by reaching the Vase semis, I'm sure we all hoped they would make it to Wembley and I am sorry they haven't. I'm gonna have to wear a cloth cap now and cheer on Whitley Bay instead applause2

You play what is in front of you when you are told to do so, although the Bigg derby fiasco is a pointer to the fact that these type of matches HAVE to be scheduled for a decent Saturday in the season to maximise supporter interest in the clubs and the league itself. We all crave those big derby days, so let's have them eh?

The setup of Bigg Town v Chalfont on the last day of the season was a slam dunker, by design or fortune. But of course that could fall by the wayside if Chalfont need an extra week to catch up. For various reasons some clubs have had to play catch up big style with heavy schedules, I just hope consistency rules wherever possible. Nothing more, nothing less.