Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IS IT FAIR TO EXTEND THE LEAGUE NOW ??

.... both games are shown currently on the Saints own site:

Chalfont St.Peter website

Tue 21 A vs Colney H

... and here's the 'stinger'

Sat 2nd MAY H vs Hanwell

... there's evidently been some shifting about - they are playing H v Tring Tonight which meant the previously arranged Hellenic Premier League game 'twixt Wasps & Flackwell has been switched to Wilkes Pk.

Not sure if these are CONFIRMED dates since they weren't on Mitoo yesterday. Tried checking the Hanwell/Colney H sites to corroborate - the former one is 'dead' and the latter hasn't updated this month's fixtures - still has the game on for Thu 2nd!

.... Oh and CSP are still involved in 2 cups - one at the Final stage [Challenge Trophy vs Tring Tue 28th 19:45 KO @ Harefield?] and the Wycombe Sen. Cup which has only reached 1/4's [H v Chinnor Tue 5th May] - though I suspect they'll bung the ressies out if needs be but of course the season's really finished by then?

JUST CHECKED CHALFONT WEB YOUR RIGHT!!!! Wader if you read this something needs to happen if the league has officially agreed to that fixture date. The title is so close and probably could be won on goal difference that this would give chalfont a great advantage.There is a free thursday 23rd why not play it then??? If they have a problem with other games scheduled on the pitch it must surely take pressidence !! If not im sure an alternative venue can be provided..

TO LET THIS HAPPEN WILL BE (UNPRINTABLE).

I am sure even the neutral fans out there must agree, this is not the way to end the season

Originally Posted By: buck rogers

TO LET THIS HAPPEN WILL BE (UNPRINTABLE).

Buckrogers - Don't you think you are over reacting slightly, like I said it's not Chalfont St Peter you should be looking over your shoulder at, it's Biggleswade Town who are on a roll at present and have timed their late run to perfection.

I went to Wealdstone a couple of weeks back. I went to watch the mighty Urchins get beaten by the Stones, and was expecting a display of passing football that would make me wonder why I would bother going to watch football from two steps lower.

What I got was a 'display' of football that made me think why would I bother going to watch football two steps up and twice as expensive.

Once in a while the ball would drop from the stars, but, within seconds, it would be launched back up into the stratosphere, like a North Korean satellite to the outer limits of Hillingdon, before returning with flames following in it's wake.

I have to say, my neck muscles got a full workout. Funny that.

Harefield have played the most attractive football I've ever seen at this level, hopefully it will be enough to gain promotion.

If not, there will, very soon, be the prize of a match against a 'new' shining star in non-league football.

I wasn't there samuel so couldn't pass comment...what I do know is that there is a massive divide between level 5 and level 3 and having seen your team play I can assure you that they wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance of competing against teams like the stones or the urchins on a week by week basis...

should you gain promotion next season to level 4 (and I wish all the teams vying for promotion well) then you will find that somewhat difficult with your present team....its all very well passing the ball around but its a whole different uncompromising ball game higher up...you have a couple of players who could hack it at level 3 but thats about it imo...

The Hares, as they are, will have to strengthen if they get that promotion.

If they continue to play the kind of football they have for most of this season though, with a strengthened side, they'll be just fine.

John McEnroe from 1979, with his fragile little wooden raquet would get stuffed by Pete Sampras with his big carbon fibre bat. I know who I would pay to watch though.

The future looks very interesting though. Harefield, Edgware Town and Southill Alexander....something's gotta give. boxing

samuel the hares have played this type of football for the last 4 seasons and we wouldnt have it any other way.

Yes right to say the squad needs some fresh faces but we want to watch football!! not bash and crash long ball tactics at preston park.

The youngsters come along to watch the beautiful game but we can mix it if needed.

Tense end to the season.chalfont v hanwell still not on the mitto site ! why not ?? doesnt the league want anyone to know ? or will it go ahead on the 23rd april as it should do!!!!

I wont hold my breath.

WE WILL WIN the last 2 games and still stay ahead of biggleswade on goal differance, But that would mean that biggleswade would have to beat chalfont ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON. i fancy biggleswade to beat chalfont. That would mean the title IS OURS!!!!.

IT WILL HAPPEN, JUST BELIEVE!!

Originally Posted By: buck rogers
WE WILL WIN the last 2 games and still stay ahead of biggleswade on goal differance, But that would mean that biggleswade would have to beat chalfont ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON. i fancy biggleswade to beat chalfont. That would mean the title IS OURS!!!!.

IT WILL HAPPEN, JUST BELIEVE!!
grin