Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2009/10 predictions

PREMIER (Top 3/Bottom 3)

1 - Chalfont St.Peter

2 - Harefield United

3 - Dunstable Town

----------------------

20 - Hatfield Town

21 - St.Margaretsbury

22 - Kentish Town

DIVISION ONE

1 - Tokyngton Manor

2 - Kings Langley

3 - Bedford Town Res

---------------------

20 - Brache Sparta

21 - Sun Postal Sports

22 - Sport London e Benfica

DIVISION TWO

1 - Tring Corinthians

2 - 61 FC(Luton)

3 - Wodson Park

-----------------------

14 - Bletchley Town

15 - Old Bradwell United

16 - MK Wanderers

Originally Posted By: dobber
DIVISION ONE
1 - Tokyngton Manor
2 - Kings Langley
3 - Bedford Town Res
---------------------
20 - Brache Sparta
21 - Sun Postal Sports
22 - Sport London e Benfica

Dobber - Interesting, you're obviously 'in the know'.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

Kentish town to avoid relegation.

Is that on the field of play or off it, I thought you were no longer involved with the Club.

Bosman08 - Dobber may have got wind somehow that Lee Scott could be joining the Club in October

Zezi - Yes I wondered what happened to you, where did you disappear to. Well how long have you got, the last ten games were eventful to put it mildly and I've commented on them briefly below for you:

28 March - Buckingham Athletic Away - Lost 1-2 - Gavin Hansell was the difference as we struggled to contain him up front

31 March - Cranfield United Away - Lost 0-7 - Travelling to Cranfield on a Tuesday night was far from ideal and we paid the ultimate price although 7-0 was flattering

2 April - Bedford Home - Drew 0-0 - A poor game which saw the kick off delayed until 8.45 due to heavy traffic or so Bedford claimed

4 April - New Bradwell St Peter Home - Won 1-0 - A hard fought win against an under strength New Bradwell on a very bumpy surface impossible for good football

7 April - Arlesey Athletic Home - Won 5-2 - An excellent match, end to end stuff with some great goals, Arlesey played their part

11 April - London Colney Away - Won 2-1 - Arguably the best win of the season, Nathan Gamester saved a hotly disputed penalty just after the interval which changed the game

14 April - Kings Langley Home - Drew 2-2 - Kings Langley thought they only had to turn up to win but a draw was a fair result

18 April - Amersham Town Away - Lost 2-3 - We threw this one away by giving Amersham two goals on 45 and 90 minutes

20 April - Sport London e Benfica - Won 3-1 - The first half was the most one sided I've seen since Leeds v Southampton in 1971/1972

but Benfica improved in the second half

25 April - Ampthill Town Home - Lost 1-2 - A disappointing curtain call to the season in what was a dead rubber, The Saint attended the game as he was match ball sponsor

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
11 April - London Colney Away - Won 2-1 - Arguably the best win of the season, Nathan Gamester saved a hotly disputed penalty just after the interval which changed the game

I would have cited beating champions Royston Town 2-1 as the 'best win of the season' from an outsiders perspective.

LATO - I'm surprised you have commented on this rather the Leeds v Southampton game in 1971/1972 which no doubt, like me, you remember as if it were yesterday.

Yes beating Royston Town was no doubt a great win but Royston sometimes don't travel well during midweek with players getting stuck in traffic etc and this was one of those rare occasions with Paul Attfield playing Craig Hammond at centre half for most of the first half. Cotlandswick is a fortress and never an easy place to go to so for me that was a far more significant win.

Zezi - Yes I wondered what happened to you, where did you disappear to. Well how long have you got, the last ten games were eventful to put it mildly and I've commented on them briefly below for you:

28 March - Buckingham Athletic Away - Lost 1-2 - Gavin Hansell was the difference as we struggled to contain him up front
31 March - Cranfield United Away - Lost 0-7 - Travelling to Cranfield on a Tuesday night was far from ideal and we paid the ultimate price although 7-0 was flattering
2 April - Bedford Home - Drew 0-0 - A poor game which saw the kick off delayed until 8.45 due to heavy traffic or so Bedford claimed
4 April - New Bradwell St Peter Home - Won 1-0 - A hard fought win against an under strength New Bradwell on a very bumpy surface impossible for good football
7 April - Arlesey Athletic Home - Won 5-2 - An excellent match, end to end stuff with some great goals, Arlesey played their part
14 April - Kings Langley Home - Drew 2-2 - Kings Langley thought they only had to turn up to win but a draw was a fair result
18 April - Amersham Town Away - Lost 2-3 - We threw this one away by giving Amersham two goals on 45 and 90 minutes
20 April - Sport London e Benfica - Won 3-1 - The first half was the most one sided I've seen since Leeds v Southampton in 1971/1972
but Benfica improved in the second half
25 April - Ampthill Town Home - Lost 1-2 - A disappointing curtain call to the season in what was a dead rubber, The Saint attended the game as he was match ball sponsor

No it wasn't. You were lucky to get 0.

LATO - I'm surprised you have commented on this rather the Leeds v Southampton game in 1971/1972 which no doubt, like me, you remember as if it were yesterday.
Yes beating Royston Town was no doubt a great win but Royston sometimes don't travel well during midweek with players getting stuck in traffic etc and this was one of those rare occasions with Paul Attfield playing Craig Hammond at centre half for most of the first half. Cotlandswick is a fortress and never an easy place to go to so for me that was a far more significant win.

I disagree. Ruislip Manor won there in 2004/5, 2005/6 drew in 2006/7 and won again in 2007/8 admittedly after about 10 straight defeats there. It was a formidable place when London Colney were the best side in the division but it's reputation has slipped a little as the team have.

As for Leeds I was 4 at the time of that game so no I don't recall it but once again I point out..why didn't they win much much more if they were that good a team? 2 championships, One league Cup, 2 UEFA Cups and an FA Cup in the period 1968-75 when they were supposedly so good. However thats getting off topic so I rest my case on that one.

LATO - Take a look at the Youtube link then of the Leeds v Southampton game, it's probably the best exhibition of flowing football since Brazil v Czechoslovakia in Mexico 1970, what Leeds won or didn't win during the legendary Don Revie era is irrelavant:

Zante - Can you see your local Club Haringey Borough doing well this season, I think Tom Loizou knows what he's doing and they could finish in a healthy mid table position for a change, possibly even higher.