Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Hempstead Gaz

Wimbledon.

Sad to see the wombles have gone into receivership. Although they weren't always everyone's favourite, they did have a certain charm. Who can forget our epic cup matches with them. Bloody Alan Cork. I'll never forgive him. Still it does show that small clubs CAN make an impression on the the big boys. I suspect Rushden will be the next team to progress from Conference to Premiership. With the financial clout they have, anything is possible. Aren't there ANY millionaires in Gravesham? We only need one, and you don't have to have lots of millions, just one measly million will do.

Quote:
Sad to see the wombles have gone into receivership. Although they weren't always everyone's favourite, they did have a certain charm. Who can forget our epic cup matches with them.

Depends how you view it. Many would say the real descendants of the old Wimbledon are in fact AFC Wimbledon. As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see the present Wimbledon go out of business. It's the least they deserve for thinking franchise football can work.