Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowers & Pitsea's Wayno.

Hookey

Sad to report that poor Wayno slipped on ice earlier today and broke his hip badly. He has had to undergo surgery and the prognosis is not good, as the Orthopaedic Surgeon is questioning whether Wayno will walk again. Info courtesy of BBB who has been with him all day.

I'm sure I speak for everyone that knows Wayno (and those who don't) that we wish him the speediest of recoveries at this difficult time for him and his family.

God bless you Wayno!!!

Thanks everyone I will pass your messages onto Wayno tomorrow,he is undergoing major surgery at 8 oclock tonight and Im sure all our thoughts are with him,I will keep you updated on his progress,makes you wonder, Wayno one of the nicest fellas in football,Wouldnt hurt a fly, Passionate about his club,Single parent with a young daughter to look after and just before christmas to boot,Puts all the other crap we put on here into perspective for me.

Lol thanks Ant I will pass on that one we cant afford more fines,Wayne is in Bulphan Ward Basildon hospital visiting between 3-8,I have just left him and we hope the operation has been a sucess but its too early to tell,he would love to see any old friends who can spare the time,and once again thanks to you all for your concern.Colin Cook.

Just left Wayno and I gotta say he looks a lot better today,he has asked me again to put on the forum how overwhelmed he is by the amount of calls, texts,and visitors he has received.He has also asked me to thank Rob and Margaret Errington for taking the time to send him a get well card, he was absolutely chuffed and said it "made him feel important" and now has pride of place at his bedside Bless him.,if you would like to visit Wayne I would suggest you ring him first and see if he can find a window for you lol.

Regards and many thanks

Colin

All the best Wayno , an essex senior league legend

Trenks this is Wayne, thanks very much mate it means a lot to me, your the legend, cant wait for you to come and play at Bowers,thanks to everyone for your kind words I have been overwhealmed and cant wait to thank you all in person.I cant believe the amount of texts and calls i have had from friends,I will try and get back on here again asap and once again thanks to you all and a very merry christmas to you all.

• 2 weeks later...