Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hellenic League

From http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/binfield.html

If Bracknell Town elect to play in the Hellenic League Premier Division, they will be joining not just a well organised league with a higher standard of facilities than the Combined Counties....

Just remind me - how many Hellenic clubs who applied for promotion last season got the ground grading? It was two out of six.

How many CCL clubs got the grading? - seven out of seven.

And their division ones aren't any better than ours, in fact, if memory serves, they only got South Kilburn in after they were refused by the CCL due to having too basic a ground.

The piece then goes on to say:-

At the top of the table Reading Town may yet get promotion but probably only if Almondsbury Town are unable to secure a home for next season.

I don't think Reading have got anywhere near the ground grading for promotion and it looks like Almondsbury won't even have a ground.

This was written by a Binfield person. I've got no axe to grind with them but I remember reading on their website that they considered joining the CCL when they got promoted from division 1 to the Premier division but were spun a line by the Hellenic League that the CCL were disorganised or something so Binfield stayed in the Hellenic.

And of course there were teams like Badshot Lea, Englefield Green and Bisley who all wanted to leave the Hellenic League as well as rumours regarding Ascot and one or two others. If it's that good how come so many have wanted out in the past?

Rant over.

*edited cos me urls wrong!

Edited by VPCTFC

Having played in both the facillities and standard of CCL is much better.

Binfield have always had ideas above their arrogant station so i'd ignore anything written by one of their villagers.

From http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/binfield.html

If Bracknell Town elect to play in the Hellenic League Premier Division, they will be joining not just a well organised league with a higher standard of facilities than the Combined Counties....

Just remind me - how many Hellenic clubs who applied for promotion last season got the ground grading? It was two out of six.

How many CCL clubs got the grading? - seven out of seven.

And their division ones aren't any better than ours, in fact, if memory serves, they only got South Kilburn in after they were refused by the CCL due to having too basic a ground.

The piece then goes on to say:-

At the top of the table Reading Town may yet get promotion but probably only if Almondsbury Town are unable to secure a home for next season.

I don't think Reading have got anywhere near the ground grading for promotion and it looks like Almondsbury won't even have a ground.

This was written by a Binfield person. I've got no axe to grind with them but I remember reading on their website that they considered joining the CCL when they got promoted from division 1 to the Premier division but were spun a line by the Hellenic League that the CCL were disorganised or something so Binfield stayed in the Hellenic.

And of course there were teams like Badshot Lea, Englefield Green and Bisley who all wanted to leave the Hellenic League as well as rumours regarding Ascot and one or two others. If it's that good how come so many have wanted out in the past?

Rant over.

*edited cos me urls wrong!