Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley Town Statement

I am delighted to announce that Darren Barnard and Paul Miles have agreed to run the first team on a joint basis for the 2010-11 season.

Darren, who will maintain his Director of Football responsibilities, brings his wealth of playing experience to the role. A former Welsh international and Premier and Football league player with Chelsea, Barnsley, Bristol City and others over the last 15 years, he will deliver unparalleled football knowledge for the Camberley first team bench in the coming season.

Paul Miles is stepping up from his role as Reserve Team Manager, where he has just achieved the clubs best Reserve team league performance in the last 30 years. Paul brings significant man management skills to his role as well as extensive football knowledge, gained over the years, having been a player at both Reading and Wycombe football clubs .

Both Paul and Darren have recently achieved their level 3 UEFA coaching badges which will ensure the high quality of coaching is maintained at the club.

We believe that this combination will build on the progress the club has achieved over the last years.

I am also pleased to announce that Keith Benjamin has confirmed his full ongoing commitment to the club as Goalkeeping coach and he and Gary Mist, the clubs Physiotherapist will ensure good continuity for the first team, going forward.

The club is also currently looking to add the role of Assistant First team Manager/ Senior coach to work alongside Paul and Darren for the season ahead, as we endeavour to provide the first team with the necessary training and coaching resources to further our goal of continued improvement on the pitch.

If you feel you have the right experience and ability to fill this role then please send your details with a covering letter to dazzibarnard@aol.com.

The Club looks forward to a further new and exciting phase in the season ahead.

Please join me in wishing Darren and Paul and the first team management every success.

I would also now like to take this opportunity of thanking Paul Barry and Neil Woodyer personally for their commitment, loyalty and endeavour over the last years. The club has moved forward significantly on the pitch because of their efforts.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

Ronnie Wilson,

Chairman

when did Paul Miles play for Reading and wycombe? I've known him for many years and can only remember him trying to get in at Ash and failing and also as a sunday player for my local pub team,i have heard many times from people about who they used to play for but one or two training sessions doesn't mean you have played for that club,you need to be honest when you are going for this sort of position otherwise you are just blagging it.

my point being duncs, if you know the man as you say, why do you have to be so negative, and rain on his parade. notice i was not rude to you. good luck paul in your new post.coffee%20%282%29.gif

to be honest dunc i think that just about sums you up. ever the diplomat, just hope paul reminds his players when they take on koos team. coffee%20%282%29.gif

negative you kent I see PB as a freind and to be replaced by somebody who is Blagging is a fecking insult

I too have known Paul Miles for many years and the statement is correct.

He has also played for England Amaturs which was not mentioned.

Good luck to Paul and Darren.

The Fan do you know that Koo will be managing in the CCL next year ?

I am really not sure what to make. Paul did a good job with the Ressies but is it enough for a tilt at a first team job. I guess all managers have to have their first job somewhere and I wish all him all the best.

Camberley have appointed a good pair there,I did say that D.B. was the obvious choice,a few weeks back when Croydon visited.The reason a very approachable man,and well respected by his fellow players.Camberley will win the C.C.L. next year,contacts being the key.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL AT CAMBERLEY.

Paul and woody are good lads but they decided to step down,y????

Duncs y are so hot and bothered if the guy is blagging he'll be found out!! Or did you want the job and got blown out??

Kroons I think that was a logical appointment,both men know the lads,know the club and will hopefully take charge without too muck disruption.

Good luck next season except when you play egham;)

Pearcey I didn't want the job and those who know me know why ,I was PBs asistant at Camberley before these BTKs got involved all I do is tell the truth if anyone can show me some evidence then I will apologise but untill then somebody is coming on here stating things that are bare faced lies

Reading ressies 1978-79

http://www.btinternet.com/~rfc1871/watn/m.htm

Dunno about Wycombe - their ex-players list only goes back to 1999.

He played for Bracknell and Camberley in the 1980s as well.

But none of this matters. He's already at the club so he doesn't have to big himself up. It's not as if he's coming in as a new face. TBH whoever he's played for in the past is irrelevant.

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often unconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme schizotypal behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, which can act as an incentive for achievement (or promote discouragement), an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often embedding itself into ones's lifestyle, and sometimes resulting in a retreat from difficulties.

I thought I'd get in before BJR :boxing:

and thats my point VPCTFC so why don't you tell your club that and stop trying to make out that everyone there is bigger and better than the rest of us in this league

I think you're imagining things Duncs. Next time you're down the ground have a word with the punters. I bet you don't get a single one thinking we're better than everyone else in this league.

Anyway - found a photo with a Paul Miles in a Wycombe shirt from 1979-80. It looks like it might be him.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/article.asp?aid=2642&iid=62&sud=764

That article doesn't list the first names but this one does (but no photo!) - http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wwfchistory/oldpictures/431199.1979_80__Remember_their_faces_/