Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From the Knaphill FC website

STATEMENT FROM

KNAPHILL FOOTBALL CLUB

Last night Knaphill FC and The Combined Counties Management Board met to discuss the possibility of Knaphill FC being promoted to the Premier Division of the CCL after the demise of Bedfont FC.

The club was represented by Terry Chapman (Chairman), Carl Barker (Vice-Chairman) & Nick Croshaw (former CCL Board member & Ground Development Manager). Knaphill were invited to speak to the Board by Mr R A Monkley (Chairman & President of the CCL) and Terry Chapman offered a first class presentation document to the members outlining Knaphill’s reasons for asking for promotion and a potted club history. This was received very well by the members and after a brief introduction from Terry, the members were invited to submit questions to the Knaphill panel.

We made it very clear that we fully understood that none of the criteria and timescales for Knaphill’s promotion had been met and that at the close of the season, we were resigned to playing in Division 1 next season. It was only after the demise of Bedfont FC and the subsequent space in the Premier Division that sparked this opportunity. After 45 minutes the Board thanked us for our presentation and Les Pharo (CCL Secretary) kindly said some words regarding Knaphill first 3 years in the CCL and how we had made a very good impression with the league and that Knaphill was a club to be proud of.

However we received a communication this morning from Les Pharo confirming that the Leagues hands were tied by FA rules and regulations regarding promotion and with that in mind there was no opportunity for Knaphill to be given promotion. It was also pointed out by the Board that they did NOT wish to proceed into next season with 21 clubs in the Premier Division, but however unhappy they were with that situation, it would have to remain.

Knaphill FC & Woking Borough Council are still working hard to bring Redding Way up to the required standard as soon as is practicable. The Knaphill first team squad are looking forward to the new season with renewed optimism and a desire to clinch the title and promotion to the Premier League.

Nick Croshaw

Knaphill FC

Ground Development Manager

Totally disagree Chertseytown,Knaphill would have no grounds for applying,if your logic was used what would stop Worcester Park from having an amazing makeover,and asking for Promotion.Do you need a Bar at Premier Level?

Yes you must have a bar. I agree that the club must have the facilities before the season starts but if they can guarantee that and the division is a club short surely on these circumstances common sense and the ability to reward a foreward thinking club should be rewarded rather than leave the division a club short?

Yes,I do agree that forward thinking Clubs should be rewarded,especially when they have the backing of their Local Authority,who are prepared to put their hands in their pockets.But many Clubs do not have this luxury,and unless they have the backing of someone like yourself,can only chug along,but Football peeps do not like progress,and a lot of jealousy exists,as you are surely aware of.

You are dead right. However this 'chugging along' is killing clubs. times change and supporting clubs that want to progress is essential. Obviously I am biased but issues over reprieved relagated clubs etc helps no one. we need to get a buzz back into the non leagues and make more people come and watch as we all need the income. Watching too many dead rubber games season over season is just making matters worse

It is difficult but if they are going to allow a club to come up without the facilities in place then it has to be the highest finishing team. I am afraid you cannot allow sides into the Premier without lights. Nothing against Knaphill at all and I have no doubt they will be in the Premier before too long.

keep hearing about knaphill going up but they still havn't got there lights up yet ! rumours it was july but thought they were putting them up last december so cutting it very fine.

Yes you must have a bar. I agree that the club must have the facilities before the season starts but if they can guarantee that and the division is a club short surely on these circumstances common sense and the ability to reward a foreward thinking club should be rewarded rather than leave the division a club short?

Can I put this to bed once and forever.

There is NO, repeat NO requirement for a club to have a bar to compete in the CCL. I have spoken to Les Pharo about this and there is NO NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would like a bar obviously and we are working with WBC regarding that issue, but it is not as easy as you think with various deeds and parliamentary acts covering what can and can't be done on the land.

This is a shame, Knaphill are a great club, well run and have a good management, and excellent facilities, I think with being granted a place in the Premier League, Woking Council would pull out all the stops to get the floodlights up. Keep up the good work Knaphill, I look forward to seeing you in the premier league next season.