Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

El Classico

The animosity between the two teams has its historical roots in the hertfordshire cival wars! Controversy, however - in recent times, player transfers and fierce competition of being the biggest club in the AL postcode area!

It is one of the most followed football matches in the county, being the most followed football match between two clubs after the Colney vs Colney matches, watched by "handful of people" from Colney....

So who will win?

Colney have the players and managed by the 'Egg heads' have intelligence on their side...

Harpenden - The Ryan Thompson (park street) factor - blood and guts style football...

Predict a 2-1 win for colney...

Sounds so much better than the Ware v Hertford and Hoddesdon v St Mags efforts..... coffee%20(2).gif

The animosity between the two teams has its historical roots in the hertfordshire cival wars! Controversy, however - in recent times, player transfers and fierce competition of being the biggest club in the AL postcode area!

It is one of the most followed football matches in the county, being the most followed football match between two clubs after the Colney vs Colney matches, watched by "handful of people" from Colney....

So who will win?

Colney have the players and managed by the 'Egg heads' have intelligence on their side...

Harpenden - The Ryan Thompson (park street) factor - blood and guts style football...

Hatfield Town wouldn't mind laying claim to the biggest club in Al postcode area. No ground of our own maybe but i'd take our set up and players over any other AL club any day. come on you blue boys

So who will win?

What a game it was.... Harpenden looked the stronger in the first half.. Colney seemed to be goin no where with harpendens game plan seeming to be working very effectivly.

Colneys centre forwrds looked powerless against the well organised and dominent centre halfs...Who really were lightyears in front of them.

Second half saw Colney looking brighter.. with the wind and momentom with them they took the lead with a very well worked goal...

But like every time i have seen harpenden play they didnt roll over and die.. they kept going and going...

They got there equaliser that they very much deseaved in the 94th minute.... Once again the ''Owen Hargreeves'' lookalike showed his speed and agilty and slotted it home calmly..... it lead to pandemonium with the celebrations ....

Harpenden's never say die attitude will get them very far this season !!

All the best Guys

Daddio

I do, some quite tasty games. Nick is back playing for us again at the moment

Or even St. Mags v Potters Bar in the wake of the Howard & Winger transfers. Remember those games, NF? :grin:

Football Man - Seeing how you have made a rare appearance on here might I be so bold as to ask how you are finding your Secretarial duties for the Essex Senior League

Football Man - Barry Davies time again and 'interesting, very interesting' that you don't answer the question as I heard on the grapevine that you are being very pernickety with certain Club's in the League and giving them a hard time, no names mentioned.

Not a classico by any means....

The officials certainly had a night to forget!

Harpenden worked hard... The never say die attitude will help them reach the dizzy heights of 9th this season at best.

I have seen Harpenden a few times this year and they have a lot more to them than just the "never say die attitude" and from what I have seen the so called dizzy heights of 9th will be easily achieved. I am predicting a top 4 finish. As for Colney, who knows, potential to challenge but they need to keep 11 players on the pitch, I'm sure that wont be the last sending off Dave Parkinson gets for verbal this year!

I do, some quite tasty games. Nick is back playing for us again at the moment

With Howard,Evitt,Winger,Barker,Judges St.Margaretsbury FA Cup 2000/01 V OXHEY JETS... Both clubs poor at the moment. Who will progress to the next round NF??

St Mags = Dads Army right now!!! Haha!!

Hope we dont draw you in the Cup NF, dont think Roger can afford a Stairlift to be fitted around the perimeter!!

Jokes aside, is this all a result of the very public bust up between the club and its Youth section a season or two ago?

I was only playing at Bigg Utd as we were short! I'll only be getting first team games if we're struggling for player availability. Harsh on the others with the stairlift comment... I'll accept it for me though!

A couple more players signed which should provide some more competition for places. It's very early doors and still yet to play at home, silly individual mistakes and a lack of creativity in the final 1/3 which we're working hard on rectifying.

I don't think what happened at the beginning of last season is relevant at all.

Thank god the Vets season starts soon!dance%20(2).gif

I was only playing at Bigg Utd as we were short! I'll only be getting first team games if we're struggling for player availability. Harsh on the others with the stairlift comment... I'll accept it for me though!

A couple more players signed which should provide some more competition for places. It's very early doors and still yet to play at home, silly individual mistakes and a lack of creativity in the final 1/3 which we're working hard on rectifying.

I don't think what happened at the beginning of last season is relevant at all.

Thank god the Vets season starts soon!dance%20(2).gif

St.Margaretsbury`s home record is poor. The pitch is poor.The team is poor. The management team of 1,2,3,4 or 5 is poor. And you need more than a couple of new players to get u out ofv this mess!!!